Yakuza | Like A Dragon - Infinite Wealth | OT

Soldato
As I've said in a different thread, playing anything before LAD isn't critical as it's pretty much a self-contained story but I'd advocate doing so not only because you'll miss some impactful stuff but also because those are absolutely worthwhile games some of which still top LAD overall in terms of story and have the classic gameplay loop.

Yakuza 0 is a must, as is Kiwami 1&2 if you want to know the series' main protagonist and the newly released LAD: Gaiden somewhat ties LAD with Infinite Wealth showing Kiryu's side of things during the events of LAD and his epilogue.

The only downside is Yakuza 0 is on the older engine but pretty much still the best storyline and setting in the series.

The first Judgment game also has a better story than LAD while the sequel has the best combat with a storyline that fumbles a bit along the way.
Judgment is actually more of a successor to the spirit of original Yakuza but with a detective as the main protag.

LAD is a great game but I've been with the series a long time and it feels more like a spin-off than an integral part of the series. Oh, and Adachi steals the entire show anyways so I was more interested in his story than Ichiban's:p

EDIT: To the above, not every Yakuza is it's own story. 0, Kiwami 1&2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and LAD Gaiden pretty much follow Kiryu's life with many important chars returning along the way. So the majority of them actually follow a chronological order and are heavily tied by the character of Kiryu Kazuma. Only LAD and Judgment feel like entirely separate stories.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do NOT grind the Hawaiian dungeon too much or you'll find yourself massively overlevelled for surface encounters. Literally every mob on the map is blue to me and my party are at about Lv45 towards the end of Chapter 6 so I'm pushing to finishing that today. The dungeon is ludicrous money. I found myself playing it a few times whilst watching a film and before I knew it I was overlevelled.

Hugely enjoying the game so far, and combat is extremely fun and improved over LAD. I haven't tried that Dundoko Island yet other than the tutorial mission.

Soldato
OP
Do NOT grind the Hawaiian dungeon too much or you'll find yourself massively overlevelled for surface encounters. Literally every mob on the map is blue to me and my party are at about Lv45 towards the end of Chapter 6 so I'm pushing to finishing that today. The dungeon is ludicrous money. I found myself playing it a few times whilst watching a film and before I knew it I was overlevelled.

Hugely enjoying the game so far, and combat is extremely fun and improved over LAD. I haven't tried that Dundoko Island yet other than the tutorial mission.
Same. Think I’m on chapter 7 or 8 at level 33-34. So finding it challenging. :) love all the characters too. New and old ! Feels like seeing old friends after a long time :D

Last edited:
Soldato
It's good to be back with Kasuga! Just reached Hawaii, and loving everything about it all over again, the humor in these games are :D

Looks amazing and feels very refreshing to be outside of Japan yet still feels like LAD. Cannot wait to play some more tonight.

Soldato
I'm on Chapter 9. This game is MASSIVE. Having an absolute blast in it, especially the dungeons now that things have changed....then they go and introduce another variant! Oddly enough, my Kiryu is way more powerful than Ichiballs - probably by design I'd guess.

Associate
Been slowly chipping away at this. Somehow I'm "only" at chapter 8 after 60 hours. It's crazy how much content they packed in here.

Soldato
Completed it today. I prefer the story from the first game, a good game over all but I didn’t bother with the 2 big mini games as they are not my thing.

Soldato
I've been given a warning that endgame is around the corner in Chapter13 so I'm trying to finish off lose quests now. I've got about 110hrs clocked and Kasuga's party are all Lv61 with maxxed out weapons :D

I don't want this to end, but Pacific Drive is out next week!

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally finished it with 115hrs clocked :) What an incredible ride.

Overall, despite the story taking forever to get to its biting point I have literally nothing to complain about. Premium adventure is unlocked at the end so you can resume where you left off.

Solid 9.5/10 for me. The NG+ malarky wasn't the best move.

Soldato
OP
Finally finished it with 115hrs clocked :) What an incredible ride.

Overall, despite the story taking forever to get to its biting point I have literally nothing to complain about. Premium adventure is unlocked at the end so you can resume where you left off.

Solid 9.5/10 for me. The NG+ malarky wasn't the best move.
I’m very close now to finishing. Should be tomorrow.

Loved every minute of it. Ichiballs is such a fantastic character. I hope he carries the torch from now on for the series !

Associate
I keep playing little bits here and there in bed on my steam deck bit burnt out with the games at the moment I completed so many the past couple of months including judgement.

Soldato
Still working my way through this and it just gets better, there is so much to do and mini games are everywhere! I'm only chapter 8 but keep getting side tracked by everything :D

Currently playing is Kiryu now... curious to know do you come back to Injincho later or should I try and do everything (or most) whilst I am here.

Soldato
Still working my way through this and it just gets better, there is so much to do and mini games are everywhere! I'm only chapter 8 but keep getting side tracked by everything :D

Currently playing is Kiryu now... curious to know do you come back to Injincho later or should I try and do everything (or most) whilst I am here.
You'll be back :)

Soldato
Finished the full Kiryu arc of Yakuza games a few months back. Had a bit of a break for Spiderman 2 and a few other bits, but will get stuck into the Like a Dragon ones soon.
I did enjoy a demo of infinite wealth at EGX last year, but the turn based stuff will take a bit of getting used to. It certainly felt like a Yakuza game though, a great baalnce of drama and utter nonsense!

Soldato
On the final chapter now, I have been taking my time through everything - level 60 - currently at 223 hrs played :eek:

Really want to complete the Hawaiian Haunt, got to the final 4th level boss and got destroyed!

Looking forward to Dragons Dogma 2 next week :D

Back
Top Bottom