• Fresh

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Frozen

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Pancake (batter)

Votes: 13 13.7%

• Total voters
Associate
I make a big batch up then freeze what’s not eaten straight away. Best of both worlds!

I don’t tend to make them with dinner just due to oven space so freezing a batch is simpler for me.

Caporegime
Supermarkets sell batter mix which is good for puddings and pancakes. The only difference is consistency. Yorkie batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter. Think single v double cream consistency

Last edited:
Soldato
I voted fresh. Im a bit hit & miss on making these though. They either rise to the point of filling the oven or they turn into mini pancakes.
If from a supermarket, I'm very partial to the large Yorkshire pud with the small roast chicken dinner inside you can buy from Aldi or Lidl.

Soldato
Aunt Bessies frozen batter ones are decent and better than the ready made frozen ones.

Cant beat home made though, agree the James Martin recipe is a winner although I mix and cook on the same day.

Soldato
Reading the op again I would say fresh is the best, but for a quick roast, frozen are fine.
How many that state fresh is best, make their own, which is not really the question..

Back
Top Bottom