YouFibre

Av8

Av8

Associate
Just had my £80 back from YouFibre, Sky had quoted £80 to end our broadband 6 months early as You were offering up to £300 to buy people out.

Just out of interest, how much will you be paying now then in this scenario of buying out the sky contract? eg do youfibre then charge what would have been the sky charge plus a fee, or just a flat fee as stated on their website?

Nem

Nem

Associate
Just paying the standard £27.99 + £5 for static ip. They pay up to £300 to buy people out currently to get them moving to their service.

Sky has dropped from £80 per month to £48 as we've just kept their TV and Q multiroom, so without the static IP which I've added afterwards we were actually £4 a month better off and gone from 50Mpbs to 1000Mpbs lol!

Av8

Av8

Associate
Just paying the standard £27.99 + £5 for static ip. They pay up to £300 to buy people out currently to get them moving to their service.

Sky has dropped from £80 per month to £48 as we've just kept their TV and Q multiroom, so without the static IP which I've added afterwards we were actually £4 a month better off and gone from 50Mpbs to 1000Mpbs lol!

Ah that's great, nice move for sure. Just hope they get a move on with the restart of build in my area, then I can get over away from talktalk upload speeds are what I want too.

Soldato
Hate sites like this, why should I have to give them **** loads of my info just to find out if I can get this? I always avoid this stuff as they are just building up a database to sell.

Associate
Hate sites like this, why should I have to give them **** loads of my info just to find out if I can get this? I always avoid this stuff as they are just building up a database to sell.
I usually put the address of someone else on my street, make up a name and the use the phone number of a despicable company.

Caporegime
Thinking about going with 150 here

No price rises for 2 years at 20ppm.

I don't see need for anymore in a two person household.

Only change I can see is switch to Netflix 4k. But I doubt that would be an issue on 150?

Just looked it up. 15Mbps... ? Yeah no issue there lol. That's a lot fi compression!

I have no idea what you guys use 900 for. I don't even know if I want to know! :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There's no point paying for 4k IMO, they encode it with really poor bitrates, for the price it costs it's a complete joke. Put on a 1080p blu ray and it will look miles better. If it wasn't for the fact I get it free with VM I wouldn't keep the sub open, the content and quality is rubbish for what you pay.

Caporegime
There's no point paying for 4k IMO, they encode it with really poor bitrates, for the price it costs it's a complete joke. Put on a 1080p blu ray and it will look miles better. If it wasn't for the fact I get it free with VM I wouldn't keep the sub open, the content and quality is rubbish for what you pay.
There's not really any other service that competes for me. Currently have 1080. But it seems from what others have said its better to stick with my current tv than get a 4k one if Netflix is this bad at 4k?

I've just spoken to someone local who is on youfibre and they had a day outage already and they only started on 2nd of jan. Not sure. If I want to go ahead after hearing that.

Back
Top Bottom