Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Soldato
Actually temptation got the better of me and a just tried a bit on a tea spoon...

First impressions...not super hot actually, maybe I got a mild bit from the top of the bottle, but a good kick, it has that classic fresh scotch bonnet taste, sort of green and fresh tasting if that makes sense..that then falls back to more of a citrus taste but theres no citrus in it looking at the ingredients, might be the acetic acid? thet then subsides into a fairly standard chilli tingle.

First impressions; good. You can deffiinatley tell it's scotch bonnet based... but it doesnt rip your face off with heat like a fresh scotch bonnet does!

Last edited:
Associate
There still seems to be a shortage of sriracha at the supermarket so I bought some of the Encona scotch bonnet to mix into my mashed potato - it felt like my brain had leaked through my nose!

Soldato
There still seems to be a shortage of sriracha at the supermarket so I bought some of the Encona scotch bonnet to mix into my mashed potato - it felt like my brain had leaked through my nose!

Yeah it's pretty damn hot... I was wrong in my initial impression... as I just sampled a bit on a teaspoon without shaking the bottle so I must have gotten a weak sample!

The standard Encona is a better daily drive, packs a good punch without giving you an out-of-body experience!

But the Scotch bonnet one certaiunly has thet unmistakable scotch bonnet freshness to the taste.

Soldato
Pro tip - if you end up with a bottle of chilli sauce that simply just too hot for you, you can use it by adding a few drops of sauce to a ramekin of mayo... mix it up and you get a really nice spicy mayo dip for chips, nuggets, wings, etc.

The dairy in the Mayo really takes the edge off the heat.

Soldato
I got a bottle of that Encona in Home Bargains the other day and tried a tiny bit of it.

My lips were tingling for a good while and the heat was serious.

Only recently have I started using bird's eye chilli in my stirfrys and stuff.

It seems like you have to work your way up through the different heat levels and multipacks of toilet roll with this gear :D

Caporegime
I got a bottle of that Encona in Home Bargains the other day and tried a tiny bit of it.

My lips were tingling for a good while and the heat was serious.

Only recently have I started using bird's eye chilli in my stirfrys and stuff.

It seems like you have to work your way up through the different heat levels and multipacks of toilet roll with this gear :D
i once did a curry with my lad had about 10 birdseye chillis in and ive had hot currys and ghost peppers but that thing was literally unbearable lol. may of even topped the phaal currys ive had. :D

Associate
My go to sauce is Encona original. I go through about 1 bottle a week. It is occasionally on offer at Heron foods which is like Iceland, 69p for the big squeezy bottle.

Back
Top Bottom