Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Soldato
Mahi Habanero Sauce so good, abit watery but over chips....
43927.png

I've had them delivered.. the green savino habernaro is very nice, got the red one too, but not tried it yet..

I got the Cayenne & mint one too as it sounded weird.. it's actualy really nice, I didn't think it would work... pretty mild but lovely on cheese burgers or sausage sandwich, it's almost more like a relish than a chilli sauce, but nice.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had them delivered.. the green savino habernaro is very nice, got the red one too, but not tried it yet..

I got the Cayenne & mint one too as it sounded weird.. it's actualy really nice, I didn't think it would work... pretty mild but lovely on cheese burgers or sausage sandwich, it's almost more like a relish than a chilli sauce, but nice.

Nice one, my sister loves the red one but too hot for me :cry: love the habernaro

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess its technically a spicy BBQ sauce, but its the "hot sauce" I use most often at the moment.

We were staying in Truro with work at the start of the year, went out for food and found a place called Chorleys a South African BBQ place. I left that place with a bag full of their sauces, my favorite being the Habanero chilli and garlic sauce. Their ribs are to die for by the way. I've placed a few repeat orders for the same Smokey Hot and hananero sauces since.

Associate
I am a simple man, Encona original is best overall. Spicy enough and a hint of vinegal. Recently kids got me a set of bbq rubs, 10 small bottles. Most tasted the same and watered down. Also makes perfect buffalo wings sauce

Caporegime
I am a simple man, Encona original is best overall. Spicy enough and a hint of vinegal. Recently kids got me a set of bbq rubs, 10 small bottles. Most tasted the same and watered down. Also makes perfect buffalo wings sauce
encona original is cheap and very tasty. so many chilli sauces are sweet which cracks me.

Soldato
encona original is cheap and very tasty. so many chilli sauces are sweet which cracks me.

Yeah... Origeonal is the benchmark I judge all other chilli sauces against.
The Encona Carolina reaper is superb... really tasty in a smokey darker way than the origeonal.
It's about the same heat-wise too, it tastes hotter on first contact with tongue, but the heat subsides faster as in the heat dosen't seem to build up as much if you keep at it.

Getting hard to find in the wild, though...you can buy it on amazon, but the price per bottle is silly, as in, over £2 per bottle.

Franks Red hot is another go-to of mine, but it's far too citrusy & sweet to have all the time, and it's not very hot either.

Soldato
I don't think it's a coincidence we all end up back at Encona Original, really is the best overall, great taste and compared to a lot of hot sauces, cheap.

Soldato
I don't think it's a coincidence we all end up back at Encona Original, really is the best overall, great taste and compared to a lot of hot sauces, cheap.

Yeah, agreed.

I like to have a selection on the go though, different sauces for different moods!

Note..the Ainsley harriot one is ok, but its just OK, just bought it randomly as it was reduced...it doesn't really have anything about it. It's not bad, by any means, but its not great, either, so I wont be buying that again.

Currently got these on the go...

Last edited:
Soldato
I got 6 bottles of this

Not bad actually.

And 6 of these.

Really nice flavour.

Soldato
Anyone tried the Cholula Mexican hot sauce?

I'd say it's worth a try... I doubt I'd seek it out again, personally, but there's nothing really wrong with it. Not had it for a long time, but I just remember thinking..meh, it's a hot-ish sauce and that's about it really.

It deffinatley has a bit of a mexican vibe to the taste though, if that's what you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom