YouTube Content Creators

Soldato
OP
On the RTB side, these are the sort of deals I love. I always try and build decent relationships with the companies I use/look at / etc. I spoke with a company that I've made content on for a bit. Their general referral program is a bit sack, but they're in the same arena as other things I do, so it's good content and easy.

I reached out to them to talk about more of a relationship, which led to a call with them and now I have a laid out deal for me, which is very much nicer.

AEYmBYSTAWc28wY7fMih_YKSNoD6vCzFFVJSaTLkfe9IQ3l6kegC7r8JMU555Osmul6S5VFWAJy2rsKxJm13MlDebRxIKlNRxA=s2560

This also led to conversations with their product manager on roadmap etc. which I'll keep up to date with so I have all the latest scoop of things.

This is, in real money (EUR):

• 12.50 per sign up
  • 50 per investor between 50-500EUR
  • 112 per investor who invests 500 - 1750
  • 175 per investor who invests more than 1750

Which means I can get wins just on sign ups, which is a real bonus these days.

I now have about 4 of these relationships, which I want to build up over time, but just 2 of them brought in 700EUR in Jan, so adding this one should hopefully boost that up some more. It's great because you make the video once, and people find it when they find it and suddenly you get a nice little payment.

Lets see if that channel can hit the 10k this year and get the average $$ per month to over 1.5k. Last year I averaged 723 per month, which isn't bad for a channel that costs nothing to make content.

I am now in conversation with the product guys as well, so that will be interesting to have more conversations with them.

I went back to them on the offer above as well and said we're not far off a mutually beneficial deal, just need to move a bit and sent back :

* User sign up = 25EUR
* User invest up to 500EUR = 62.50EUR
* User invests between 500 - 1750 = 125EUR
* User invests over 1750 = 189EUR

The main win there would be the doubling of the base rate for user sign up. I'd argue that, if you have a user signed up, you have a hot lead there, and if you're not converting them you need to measure this and understand your funnel better - Which I am going to discuss how they measure these things as a part of our product call.

Would be nice to get like 25 of these sort of things lined up :D

Soldato
That's pretty ******* sick though. What do you offer on memberships?
I have 3 levels. £2.99, £4.99 and £21.99 (I think?). The first two are just to support me. The expensive one means you get to dictate my next game I play.
I don't want to restrict my channel at all so doing a "you get to play with me" or "you get exclusive access" is a thing I am not interested in.

Soldato
I am now in conversation with the product guys as well, so that will be interesting to have more conversations with them.

I went back to them on the offer above as well and said we're not far off a mutually beneficial deal, just need to move a bit and sent back :

* User sign up = 25EUR
* User invest up to 500EUR = 62.50EUR
* User invests between 500 - 1750 = 125EUR
* User invests over 1750 = 189EUR

The main win there would be the doubling of the base rate for user sign up. I'd argue that, if you have a user signed up, you have a hot lead there, and if you're not converting them you need to measure this and understand your funnel better - Which I am going to discuss how they measure these things as a part of our product call.

Would be nice to get like 25 of these sort of things lined up :D

Sounds like you've got more to offer them than just your subs, which is pretty cool

Soldato
Yea, maybe not! I'll test it out in one coming up and see what it's like. I've already done next weeks, so can't do that but have one for the week after I can test this on. I'm trying to get slightly ahead this week as I'm on holiday soon, so will be out for about 3 weeks of doing things.

I genuinely do appreciate the feedback though, as it's important for me to get better and for it to be something people want to watch and watch as much of it as possible, so I'll be sure to try and make it flow as well, without jumpy bits, to try and improve where I can.

Often it's hard to get feedback other than people just not watching, or people leaving after 5 secs so it's really nice to have some proper feedback like this.

Just having a look at one of your Aygo vids at the moment, pretty entertaining stuff and I'll be watching more. I can see what is being said about the jump cuts, and I agree, I'm not a fan personally. I appreciate the chopping of of umms and erms an pauses etc, and that's fine as it makes it more listenable. But this is where you need quality b-roll footage. Sort the audio out nicely and then overlay relevant b-roll and you're golden.

Decently interesting content though and I'll be watching more, good luck with it all.

Soldato
OP
I appreciate the chopping of of umms and erms an pauses etc, and that's fine as it makes it more listenable. But this is where you need quality b-roll footage. Sort the audio out nicely and then overlay relevant b-roll and you're golden.

Thanks man, that's actually, again, really great feedback. I will definitely try and do more of the voiceover / b roll / working footage as well I think. I have a really nice mic as well for my other channel / office so sounds really good. I actually like watching that style of video, too, so really should try and replicate that :cry: Thank you!

Soldato
Thanks man, that's actually, again, really great feedback. I will definitely try and do more of the voiceover / b roll / working footage as well I think. I have a really nice mic as well for my other channel / office so sounds really good. I actually like watching that style of video, too, so really should try and replicate that :cry: Thank you!

No worries, nice to finally make some use of my Media Production degree!! :cry: :cry:

Soldato
OP
@randomshenans watched the new video last night and it was massively more watchable :) I thought the video side of things was great. Not that I've got a media production degree, but his B-roll suggestion sounds great if you feel you need to have the umms etc. cut out
Thanks man, I did take this into consideration! I'm trying to get things in as much as possible to make it as good as possible. I have already scheduled the next 2 videos (on the volvo actually) because I'm on holiday from tomorrow, but will continue to try and mix up the B roll, less chopping, more voiceover style as well. Will all come together!

Really appreciate your feedback man, thank you!

Soldato
Well to update.

Subs: 2070
Views last 28 days: 196k
Subs last 28 days: 82
Watch time last 28 days: 1.4k hours

My total views now for lifetime is 1.44million. Not bad considering I only hit million at Christmas.

Aim for year is 3k subs, 3million views total.

Soldato
OP
@randomshenans really enjoyed today's video and I can't wait to see what happens next to your ****box.
Thanks man! I have nothing for this week. I spent a whole day cleaning the Volvo and detailing it just before I went away, right up to the day. Checked the footage and the mic died pretty much at the start of filming and I didn't check.

Ah well, I'll have something done this week! I have a few things planned... although some decisions for the Aygo need to be done on Turbo vs. Supercharger as I can't seem to get the company to respond to me about charger mounts, so might end up just turboing it and roadtripping to amsterdam in it! :D

Soldato
Thanks man! I have nothing for this week. I spent a whole day cleaning the Volvo and detailing it just before I went away, right up to the day. Checked the footage and the mic died pretty much at the start of filming and I didn't check.

Ah well, I'll have something done this week! I have a few things planned... although some decisions for the Aygo need to be done on Turbo vs. Supercharger as I can't seem to get the company to respond to me about charger mounts, so might end up just turboing it and roadtripping to amsterdam in it! :D

Ah what a ball ache! I watched the latest video as well. Looking forward to seeing what happens to the Volvo.

Hah OK sounds like a plan. Can't say I can help you answer you question. I'm sure more power will be nice either way.

Soldato
OP
I had some news which was good, from Chargertech the company with the supercharger kit - they said sorry for the delay, they can provide the kit, will give me a discount and send it over. But it's quiet again since then... but that's OK as I need to pay for that, which will be probably end of the month anyway! Would be good to have it all lined up though.
My plan was to get the wheels vid out on monday as everyone is asking for Aygo vids, which is good, but Fedex couldn't find my address lol so they're arriving monday. Tyres are already here.

I am going to do the engine mounts today on the Volvo and see if that fixes the juddering issues. That'll be a massive win if it does. That's monday's video sorted, and then I can get the wheels video out the way mon / tues and finishing the interior of the volvo probably filmed next week too as I should have all the bits.

I think I have about 8-9 weeks already planned out of content without new stuff coming for the supercharger kit. I would love to do it all in 1 video etc. but it's not possible getting parts and waiting for them to come in etc.

Anyway, I'm currently enjoying it and views aren't doing too bad as a constant baseline now. Let's see if I can get to 1k for each vid would be a great start!

Work gave me some more work to do because I think they're like... we should really make him work... even if we're firing him... but I should still be able to dick about on cars :D

Soldato
OP
I enjoyed the new video, man. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the Volvo (how much you spend on it)
*loses all receipts by accident

Thanks man!

I am hoping most is also just maintenance... but you know! I think a big chunk will be the 400EUR on the car play integrated head unit but that's more a nice to have than anything else haha
If I take that off I reckon it'll be about 750EUR getting it nice, which would take me to about 1850EUR for it.

I hope! Will see... I have a way to go. I'm planning an Aygo update but Fedex seem to have their own ideas for my content scheduling.

Soldato
*loses all receipts by accident

Thanks man!

I am hoping most is also just maintenance... but you know! I think a big chunk will be the 400EUR on the car play integrated head unit but that's more a nice to have than anything else haha
If I take that off I reckon it'll be about 750EUR getting it nice, which would take me to about 1850EUR for it.

I hope! Will see... I have a way to go. I'm planning an Aygo update but Fedex seem to have their own ideas for my content scheduling.

You checked out Aliexpress?

I was seeing prices around €100 for Car play head units for my Kia.

Don't know what the existing unit is like in yours but it's worth a shot

Alternatively. I bought this as per a suggestion in motors.

Soldato
OP
You checked out Aliexpress?
Yea, I actually got one for my Aygo for 80EUR shipped lol it's a bit slow to load first time but it's amazing for the money. Problem with the volvo though, it's a pain for how it connects to everything. The can bus system is a ***** and if you don't have it all proper, everything throws errors... I have found a place in taiwan that builds them specifically for the XC90 that combats all steering controls, built in amp/speakers which all runs on optical system! So it's a bit of a pain!!

Soldato
OP
Ah that's a pain. Maybe the completely external device then i linked? Cheap but just needs to connect via AUX/Bluetooth. Although i admit it's not ideal if you want it to look decent. Especially if the Volvo already has a media screen.
I don't mind forking out the money - I am going to work on seeing if there is some kickback that can be made as my XC90 stuff does OK on tiktok so will see what i can work out with the guy! Always some way to make a bit back haha

Back
Top Bottom