YouTube Content Creators

Soldato
OP
Man, i should've got you to do a video on repairing my Jeep. Could've saved me a fortune!
haha exactly :D

I mean, it doesn't always work and I never want anything for nothing, so I am happy to hammer my side to make sure there is value both sides, but still!

Posted a tiktok last night thinking nothing of it and it went a bit mad... I haven't even looked at any of the comments yet as there are far too many!

I'm tempted to use my redundancy pay to yolo into buying an FD RX7 from Japan and driving it home... haha I think this means I really should do that tbf

Soldato
OP
Would definitely be a poor mans trip by the sounds of it... but seems like it's on the cars. I think I can do that next year tbf.

I'd use my redundancy money wisely and chuck it straight into something utterly ******* ridiculous and sensible like this trip. Can always live in an RX7...

Soldato
OP
AKGpihacQ7NkeXiFAmmd_LXsscDVOT-b214UvzJqLbUm8wfWzu1x0wlDmMAhNRFg3z00foCR8mNTdABSYFLVEzRUxJsvVyexSA=s1600

That titkok seemed to go off a little bit, which kinda means that stupid road trips in stupid cars are a stupid but wonderful idea (the way I look at it!) so yea... I've contacted the Russian VISA agency to look at how the hell I can get the paperwork I need and if it's even possible?!

I did a follow up tiktok and said if you want to follow any of my adventures, check out my YT and that was this morning. Since then (and I posted the same roadtrip video as a short, too, which currently has like 6k views there) I have gained like 23 subs which is a nice little boost!

Last edited:
Soldato
That's awesome.

I remember listening to a podcast where a journalist (think it was a Joe Rogan podcast) went into Russia and had all kinds of problems since the Ukraine situation. Obviously that's a single experience and i've no idea how anything else would go.

Soldato
OP
@randomshenans did you lose a tooth??

Erm... yes! I actually did that back home! It's a cap on my tooth that came off again (first time in 8yrs mind) and so need to get it stuck back on! I slipped doing pressups and smacked my mouth off a dumbbell on the floor in front of me :cry::cry::cry:

Still need to find a dentist to fix it! Going to attempt it in the morning.

Shockingly hard to find someone to just stick me back on. Might end up with Gorilla glue at this point :D

Soldato
Erm... yes! I actually did that back home! It's a cap on my tooth that came off again (first time in 8yrs mind) and so need to get it stuck back on! I slipped doing pressups and smacked my mouth off a dumbbell on the floor in front of me :cry::cry::cry:

Shockingly hard to find someone to just stick me back on. Might end up with Gorilla glue at this point :D

Now that's something i'd watch :D

Soldato

****, that sounds painful! Sorry to hear it

Soldato
OP
Slight update...
Firstly this weather is total balls over here at the moment and I'm under the weather, but have to get stuff done this week for Monday!

That aside, I've been pushing a lot more tiktok and reels (I put them as shorts but it's far less community feel with shorts and they do waaaay worse) to grow out instagram and tiktok as much as possible.

YouTube though, I'm currently sitting on 52,110 subs. Which is mad and for many reasons. The max subs I reached was 54,017 back on 26th Jan 2022 after the viral ice skating short I posted hit 96m views - nothing to do with the channel and pointless to have those people as I'd rather people who watched the videos. This slowly dropped to 51,855 on 24th Jan 2024 this year and then when I started posting again... it started to rise again. The ones who are leaving (which is good) is being outweighed by the new ones arriving and that is really cool to see.

YT-stats.jpg

This is the last 12 months. In Jan since starting to post again I have gained 495 subs. In that time I've also removed all videos that were not car related (I had a few that kept bringing in views but were not tied to the channel). So lost out on the searchability of those, but for long term betterment of the channel I think. I probably should have just started a whole new channel if I'm honest... would have been an easier task.
Alas, I'll keep plugging away at it all on YouTube.

Tiktok has been a real funny one.

I'm sitting at 4880 followers at the moment, but it's still pretty quickly rising. I bet it'll pass 5000 in the next day or so. That's nearly 4k followers in the last couple of months. You need 10k to monetize, which is the short term goal really but 100k would be a great aim! I have noticed it is a great way to create a level of community there too. Which is really cool. I have no idea how people manage it past 10k though as the comments and engagement is way higher there than any other platform.

I also found decent traction on insta, although the payouts from FB/Insta/ Meta are ******** compared to tiktok so it's really not worth it for the ad rev, but the community buy in and the conversion possibility to either YT views / subs / merch whatever it might be is why I am focusing on this too. I've gained over 1k followers on there and now on 2262!

So yea. Need to get out and **** about with some cars tomorrow. I am feeling the Audi because I want to get the correct wheels on and it's a loud fast V8!

Peace xx

EDIT: In that time it took to write, tiktok passed 5038. Let's get it!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
50k subs is amazing on YouTube! well done!
Like I said, it's not real... like, it is... they're real people, but they're not all focused on what I do now because they followed off the back of a video that wasn't to do with my content if that makes sense? I couldn't tell you how many were there and want my car level content, but hoping soon enough it won't matter and it'll just be a case of the ones who wanted to leave have and they have been replaced with ones who want to stay. Just a matter of time I suppose.
I make $25 a month from YT AdRev so you know. That ain't the way! This is why building audiences across tiktok and instagram/fb is important for me. Looking at different ways to make it work more long term.

Back
Top Bottom