YouTube Content Creators

Soldato
Well done Ross. Your style on the car channel reminds me a lot of Tokyo Lens. I must admit, I find him a bit disingenuous, and I think both you and him could be yourself a bit more (he's mega successful, probably wouldn't tell him that, but it makes me switch off. I can't be the only one). I left a comment about the jump cuts as well, which I really don't think you need.

I've been thinking about start a bass (guitar) channel but I just can't bring myself to make the first video.

Soldato
OP
I left a comment about the jump cuts as well, which I really don't think you need.
Thanks man! I saw this one and thought the latest video was better for that. It was longer, so had more in it in general, so fewer cuts.

I must admit, I find him a bit disingenuous, and I think both you and him could be yourself a bit more
Ha the thing is, I'm pretty much like that daily :cry: I can understand if it's not for everyone, but I do do my best to be "me" as that's important to me, too.

Soldato
Thanks man! I saw this one and thought the latest video was better for that. It was longer, so had more in it in general, so fewer cuts.

Ha the thing is, I'm pretty much like that daily :cry: I can understand if it's not for everyone, but I do do my best to be "me" as that's important to me, too.

I'll check the latest one out. Hah well you must drink a lot of coffee.

The thing that gets me, and I see this all over the place, is people repeating words for no reason. It's like a tic that Tokyo Lens has. A guy at work does it an it always makes me think, why are you pretending you don't know what you're about to say.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
is people repeating words
DUDE! I hate this... about myself! I catch it in edits sometimes and I can from time to time remove them, but others it's just too obvious and it grates me listening to it being said again lol it really annoys me. I'm trying so hard to not do that, I don't know why it happens haha

I'll check the latest one out. Hah well you must drink a lot of coffee.
Probably the old adhd being let out :cry: :cry:

Soldato
@randomshenans I watched your latest video and I enjoyed it a lot more than the previous one. Pretty curious to see how the ****box turns out! It did make me think, I could probably do some stuff like this. So whilst I'll definitely do nothing, I felt a little bit inspired :)

I really think you should just drop the jump cuts though. There are some bits in which you looked like a robot, where your arms just moved really suddenly. I don't understand why you use them because you're just cutting out milliseconds of hesitation as far as I can tell.

Soldato
OP
I really think you should just drop the jump cuts though. There are some bits in which you looked like a robot, where your arms just moved really suddenly. I don't understand why you use them because you're just cutting out milliseconds of hesitation as far as I can tell.
I'll try and limit these. Some of them are actually long ass pauses, but I was totally up against it getting this video out haha I'll have to rewatch it a couple of times to make sure I don't repeat those. I realise as well I go from talking super fast, to just pausing when I film, which isn't obviously ideal. I will try and work on better pacing of when I talk, and if I mess up or pause, just say the whole line again to make it easier to edit. Got to work out the little things that make it easier.

Thanks though! Definitely appreciate all the feedback. It's all a learn!

Soldato
I'll try and limit these. Some of them are actually long ass pauses, but I was totally up against it getting this video out haha I'll have to rewatch it a couple of times to make sure I don't repeat those. I realise as well I go from talking super fast, to just pausing when I film, which isn't obviously ideal. I will try and work on better pacing of when I talk, and if I mess up or pause, just say the whole line again to make it easier to edit. Got to work out the little things that make it easier.

Thanks though! Definitely appreciate all the feedback. It's all a learn!

I think you'll find it's not as distracting as you think it might be, unless you're frozen for ten seconds at a time ha. I'm giving you this feedback but I don't know if it's just me it bothers!

Soldato
OP
I think you'll find it's not as distracting as you think it might be, unless you're frozen for ten seconds at a time ha. I'm giving you this feedback but I don't know if it's just me it bothers!
Yea, maybe not! I'll test it out in one coming up and see what it's like. I've already done next weeks, so can't do that but have one for the week after I can test this on. I'm trying to get slightly ahead this week as I'm on holiday soon, so will be out for about 3 weeks of doing things.

I genuinely do appreciate the feedback though, as it's important for me to get better and for it to be something people want to watch and watch as much of it as possible, so I'll be sure to try and make it flow as well, without jumpy bits, to try and improve where I can.

Often it's hard to get feedback other than people just not watching, or people leaving after 5 secs so it's really nice to have some proper feedback like this.

Soldato
Yea, maybe not! I'll test it out in one coming up and see what it's like. I've already done next weeks, so can't do that but have one for the week after I can test this on. I'm trying to get slightly ahead this week as I'm on holiday soon, so will be out for about 3 weeks of doing things.

I genuinely do appreciate the feedback though, as it's important for me to get better and for it to be something people want to watch and watch as much of it as possible, so I'll be sure to try and make it flow as well, without jumpy bits, to try and improve where I can.

Often it's hard to get feedback other than people just not watching, or people leaving after 5 secs so it's really nice to have some proper feedback like this.

Good! I’m afraid I’m better at negative feedback than positive, but I’m genuinely interested in seeing what you do to that car.

Caporegime
I’d love to know how Trek Trendy can fund the trips he does on his channel.

He maintains he pays for everything himself, but there’s no way could you fund his lifestyle through YouTube revenue. He hasn’t even got a million subs

Soldato
OP
Good! I’m afraid I’m better at negative feedback than positive, but I’m genuinely interested in seeing what you do to that car.

I spent year avoiding anything that wasn't positive by way of feedback on anything, but this does nothing but protect my ego, which I ****** right off because it doesn't help in any way. No one is calling me a nob, and even if they are, they don't know me, so I don't take it personally. I just use it to try and make things better! Don't fear about giving negative feedback at all. It's often far more important than positive anyway!

I’d love to know how Trek Trendy can fund the trips he does on his channel.

He maintains he pays for everything himself, but there’s no way could you fund his lifestyle through YouTube revenue. He hasn’t even got a million subs

Based on his views and some low end estimations, he probably makes between $10-30k a month just from his views alone. You don't need that many subs and his views on vids are over 500k - which is, say $4 per 1000 views, which is then 500 x 4 which is 2k - but then you have videos on 14m views, which would be $56k for a video. If you're doing 1 vid a week that all get 500k, it's very likely he'll get over 10k for that in a month, not including views on his older videos still generating.

Caporegime
I spent year avoiding anything that wasn't positive by way of feedback on anything, but this does nothing but protect my ego, which I ****** right off because it doesn't help in any way. No one is calling me a nob, and even if they are, they don't know me, so I don't take it personally. I just use it to try and make things better! Don't fear about giving negative feedback at all. It's often far more important than positive anyway!

Based on his views and some low end estimations, he probably makes between $10-30k a month just from his views alone. You don't need that many subs and his views on vids are over 500k - which is, say $4 per 1000 views, which is then 500 x 4 which is 2k - but then you have videos on 14m views, which would be $56k for a video. If you're doing 1 vid a week that all get 500k, it's very likely he'll get over 10k for that in a month, not including views on his older videos still generating.
He seems to do 4 trips a month, but most are mega expansive like the best suite on the orient express or a luxury cruise. He also does the world’s most expensive plane journeys. £10k a month would go nowhere.

Soldato
OP
He seems to do 4 trips a month, but most are mega expansive like the best suite on the orient express or a luxury cruise. He also does the world’s most expensive plane journeys. £10k a month would go nowhere.
I said min. on 10k though. Could easily be 30k and I'm sure he'll have sponsors, too. Most sponsors at that level will pay 5-10k per video

Soldato
OP
I've watched a load of YTer breakdowns of their revenue generation and it seems like for most of them ad rev is about 25% of what they generate.
They'll have affiliate deals and sponsors as a huge chunk.

EDIT: Yea, I can see sponsors and affiliate deals in his videos (just checked)

Soldato
I want to setup a patreon at some point but honestly, I don't feel that people would do it. I have 4 members on YouTube currently on 4.99month, and even this surprises me lol. I feel I need to grow first before I ask for anything more.

Back
Top Bottom