Football *Spoilers* 29th-30th March

Permabanned
Another example of a poor post, there is absolutely no need for personal insults in a football debate. You are making yourself look immature, but I don't suppose you care with it being an online forum and all. C'est la vie!

You dont know me very well do you?

If anything im consistent :)

What strikes me as strange is that you see your little team as free flowing agents of the beautiful game yet they are petulant little kids most of the time

Have you forgotten about your Captain having a girly fit in the middle of the pitch? Or when your team are losing and start hacking away? How about when you were all up in arms about the Eduardo tackle yet its not mentioned at all when one of your own commits an almost identical challenge

And dont get me started on the Gallas team talk before the Chelsea game LoL

If you would like me to personally insult you to your face, let me know :)

Soldato
I can admit Arsenal's faults, although you wouldn't see me harping on about Man Utd's on here as they don't really concern me since I don't know the full story as I don't follow them closely. Unfortunately for you, you're also a spectator, you're not a professional footballer and you have absolutely no idea what happens in Arsenal's or Man Utd's dressing rooms, so for you to post about matters such as Gallas' team talk is something that I take with a pinch of salt since it has little/no merit.

Um and no, I wouldn't like you to insult me to my face, what is wrong with you? Goodness me. You totally misinterpret my post and then threaten me with that? Ugh, I'm done with you, I didn't really realise the extent of your foolishness before this afternoon but now at least, I am fully aware.

And dont get me started on the Gallas team talk before the Chelsea game LoL

So basically, you need not. Er should I put 'LoL' here?

Soldato
Every game I've seen Anderson play he's either got the ball caught between his feet or played a couple of horrible passes or just totally mis-controlled it. Maybe I shouldn't judge on 3/4 games.

Please don't tell me you're arguing that Fabregas' performance wasn't of the highest standard. Now I know you're not seeing straight. In 1 single year a midfield which out-performed Man Utd's in every department can't fall apart and become terrible, please tell me you're joking. He played superb, there was a reason Milan looked poor and that was because Arsenal were very good in midfield.

Milan were poor because Milan have been poor all season, Arsenal were very good. No reason to deny that. However if you think that it was one of the best midfield displays you've ever seen then you're way off. Better than say Gerrard in the 2005 final when he led his team back from 3-0 down? or Keane v Juventus in 99? or numerous other displays you could pick out from midfields this season to be fair. or from the past masters and greats? With some of Vieira's finest Arsenal displays? not even looking at other countries teams. you rate it up there with displays like that? it was a very good top drawer performance. it wasn't an epic performance that will go down in the annals of history. Sorry but people won't be talking about it in 10 years time.

Soldato
Milan were poor because Milan have been poor all season, Arsenal were very good. No reason to deny that. However if you think that it was one of the best midfield displays you've ever seen then you're way off. Better than say Gerrard in the 2005 final when he led his team back from 3-0 down? or Keane v Juventus in 99? or numerous other displays you could pick out from midfields this season to be fair. or from the past masters and greats? With some of Vieira's finest Arsenal displays? not even looking at other countries teams. you rate it up there with displays like that? it was a very good top drawer performance. it wasn't an epic performance that will go down in the annals of history. Sorry but people won't be talking about it in 10 years time.

Yes, I'm 20 :), one of the best that I've witnessed. Not the best, one of the best. Maybe I don't watch enough football.

Soldato
Anderson wasnt the only DM playing against Arsenal, i think both central midfielders (him and Hargreaves?) were very withdrawn and rarely moved from in front of the defense. That's why we struggled in midfield especially as we were under strength.

Soldato
It makes me laugh that Arsenal fans have this perception of their team as genius tactically and supreme passers of the ball, while Fergie just tells his XI to run out on the pitch and score lots of goals by sprinting all over the place and barging players out of the way. Our goal difference is what, 53 now, imagine if we added tactics in the mix, we'd be unstoppable. :rolleyes:

Not to say that Arsenal aren't good at those things, just we do it better and faster. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
To be fair, I think you'll find a high percentage of central midfielders can play DM and put in a good performance. Hell, even Paul Scholes can and he can't tackle to save his life :p

Anderson is a supporting striker by trade (in the same role as Ronaldinho), his second position is left-wing. It just happens that he can play a lot of positions.
The fact he's strong and can tackle just adds a whole other string to his bow.

Caporegime
It makes me laugh that Arsenal fans have this perception of their team as genius tactically and supreme passers of the ball, while Fergie just tells his XI to run out on the pitch and score lots of goals by sprinting all over the place and barging players out of the way. Our goal difference is what, 53 now, imagine if we added tactics in the mix, we'd be unstoppable. :rolleyes:

Every team should barge people over if it keeps a defensive record like ours :p.

Associate
You can't have watched either of the two where we played you then?
OR the two against Liverpool.

Anderson has ad around 3 or 4 poor games all season, a lot of the games he's been our best player.

The last liverpool game? He was shocking, was taken off and dropped for the next game! He lost the ball 99% of the time he got it in that game and that was against 10 men. Scholes ran the show that day but most people overlook what he does. For the first goal he went for a shot, saw he was been closed down so pulled out of it and passed the ball out to the wing where it was crossed back in for the goal.

Soldato
Anderson is a supporting striker by trade (in the same role as Ronaldinho), his second position is left-wing. It just happens that he can play a lot of positions.
The fact he's strong and can tackle just adds a whole other string to his bow.

Imo his best position is CM. His best asset is his passing, and as you say he's strong in the tackle and he has a good understanding of positioning, he reads the game well.

If he's going to play a similar position to Ronaldinho he needs to show he can score goals, and regularly. As I see it now he would offer more to the team in a play-making/CM role.

Caporegime
The last liverpool game? He was shocking, was taken off and dropped for the next game! He lost the ball 99% of the time he got it in that game and that was against 10 men.
A lot of people on here will tell you he was the first half man of the match. He wasn't 'dropped' for the next game. We've rotated our 5 midfielders for a good chunk of the season.

Scholes ran the show that day but most people overlook what he does. For the first goal he went for a shot, saw he was been closed down so pulled out of it and passed the ball out to the wing where it was crossed back in for the goal.
Most people don't overlook what Scholes does.

Caporegime
If he's going to play a similar position to Ronaldinho he needs to show he can score goals, and regularly. As I see it now he would offer more to the team in a play-making/CM role.

Look how long it took Ronaldo to score a goal in his first season... Look at him now. We're not worried.

Permabanned
I can admit Arsenal's faults, although you wouldn't see me harping on about Man Utd's on here as they don't really concern me since I don't know the full story as I don't follow them closely. Unfortunately for you, you're also a spectator, you're not a professional footballer and you have absolutely no idea what happens in Arsenal's or Man Utd's dressing rooms, so for you to post about matters such as Gallas' team talk is something that I take with a pinch of salt since it has little/no merit.

Um and no, I wouldn't like you to insult me to my face, what is wrong with you? Goodness me. You totally misinterpret my post and then threaten me with that? Ugh, I'm done with you, I didn't really realise the extent of your foolishness before this afternoon but now at least, I am fully aware.

So basically, you need not. Er should I put 'LoL' here?

You obviously didnt see his team talk on sky then before the game? Even your own players were embarassed LoL (have another one)

Just like the games you didnt see where Anderson bossed your midfield

Like you said, you dont watch enough football, unfortunatley for you, i do :)

Back
Top Bottom