Football *Spoilers* 29th-30th March

Permabanned
I'd swap Tevez for Torres any day.

I wouldnt

Tevez runs his arse off for 90 minutes and i lost count of the ammount of times he nicked the ball of the Villa back 4 on Saturday

I like forwards who defend from the front when we havent got the ball

Soldato
Maccarone was considered one of the best young talents in Italy, he scored loads for their u-21s, and had a full cap for them.

Alves record IS awesome - in Holland - I seem to recollect a certain Mateja Kezman scoring aplenty over there.

I'm prepared to eat humble pie, but I'm always curious when these "talents" end up at teams like Middlesborough - so I'm going to go for FLOP!

Indeed.

I recon he'll either be an average player, which is what he looks to be, or do a drogba in the next season.

He looks very unfit to me.

Soldato
They are all different players really.

Although i think Tevez would work very well with either Tevez/Rooney.

I wouldnt

Tevez runs his arse off for 90 minutes and i lost count of the ammount of times he nicked the ball of the Villa back 4 on Saturday

I like forwards who defend from the front when we havent got the ball
It's not that I don't like Tevez, but in an ideal world I do still think there's substance behind the idea that Tevez and Rooney are too similar. Tevez won't ever be prolific, and given that we already had a main striker who might never be prolific, I would have chosen Torres over Tevez just for the fact that he has always shown the potential to be more of a goal scorer.

Tevez/Rooney is looking like a good partnership (as part of a considerably strong attacking line up accross the park), but Torres/Rooney could have been almost the perfect partnership.

Permabanned
It's not that I don't like Tevez, but in an ideal world I do still think there's substance behind the idea that Tevez and Rooney are too similar. Tevez won't ever be prolific, and given that we already had a main striker who might never be prolific, I would have chosen Torres over Tevez just for the fact that he has always shown the potential to be more of a goal scorer.

Tevez/Rooney is looking like a good partnership (as part of a considerably strong attacking line up accross the park), but Torres/Rooney could have been almost the perfect partnership.

I agree we probably do need a more of an out and out striker but tbh the front 3 are playing out of their skins at the moment and until the goals dry up im quite happy with what we have

There isnt another front line in the world that can match ours, the way Rooney,Ronaldo and Tevez play off eachother is a joy to behold

The only ones "on paper" that come close are Et'o/Messi/Henry/Ronaldinho and i wouldnt swap ours for them neither :)

Associate
It really amazes me how people can pass judgment on players after a handful of games. It's no wonder managers are sacked after only months in charge in this day and age when fans don't have the patience.

Soldato
Fibreglass has been MIA for months now

I don't think that's fair. Even when Cesc isn't scoring goals and making the headlines he always gets the fundamentals of midfield play right, always has brilliant distribution, technically outstanding, defensively solid and holds positional discipline. It's extremely rare to see him have a shocking performance where he falls to bits, the only one this season that springs to mind is vs Man Utd, but we all know this is because he was surrounded with poor players and not his usual midfield partners, you also have to remember he had the flu at this time which I can't imagine is helpful in a game vs Man Utd!

Aside from those points, the performance vs AC Milan was one of the finest 90 minutes I've seen from anybody in football ever, it was an absolute masterpiece and I think even you Man Utd fans will make that admission. Well, maybe not judging on how bad your recent posts are getting, but y'know : )

Permabanned
I don't think that's fair. Even when Cesc isn't scoring goals and making the headlines he always gets the fundamentals of midfield play right, always has brilliant distribution, technically outstanding, defensively solid and holds positional discipline. It's extremely rare to see him have a shocking performance where he falls to bits, the only one this season that springs to mind is vs Man Utd, but we all know this is because he was surrounded with poor players and not his usual midfield partners, you also have to remember he had the flu at this time which I can't imagine is helpful in a game vs Man Utd!

Aside from those points, the performance vs AC Milan was one of the finest 90 minutes I've seen from anybody in football ever, it was an absolute masterpiece and I think even you Man Utd fans will make that admission. Well, maybe not judging on how bad your recent posts are getting, but y'know : )

Please enlighten me on these bad posts

Fibreglass has played well but no way in the world should he get an award over Torres, hes been well below his own high standards from last season so imo is not playing as well as we know he can

I saw him against Milan, he played very well, i also saw him against us twice this season where he has been run ragged by a 19 year old in his first season

Soldato
Please enlighten me on these bad posts

Fibreglass has played well but no way in the world should he get an award over Torres, hes been well below his own high standards from last season so imo is not playing as well as we know he can

I saw him against Milan, he played very well, i also saw him against us twice this season where he has been run ragged by a 19 year old in his first season

That's an example of a poor post - 'run ragged', I'll give you that in 1 of the games, but both? Not a chance. It's also a silly assessment because of course Anderson is faster and stronger than Fabregas but at the expense of Fabregas' superior intelligence, I suppose that is why Anderson plays for Man Utd and Fabregas plays for Arsenal, two different styles. You obviously choose the neglect the stone cold efficiency of Fabregas and embrace the style of Anderson who far from steady on the ball but will run around and barge into people.

EDIT - Just to say, when the the whole team is being outplayed, it's really unfair to single out Fabregas as being 'run ragged', it's a team game and if his team aren't playing well it's nearly impossible to shine as an induvidual vs a team like Man Utd, you can't beat Man Utd with 11 induviduals playing well, therefore how was Cesc possibly going to shine? You may not either understand Arsenal's ideas and style, it's very much a team effort with only maybe Hleb having any induvidual flare really, the team only works because of the other players.

Last edited:
Permabanned
That's an example of a poor post - 'run ragged', I'll give you that in 1 of the games, but both? Not a chance. It's also a silly assessment because of course Anderson is faster and stronger than Fabregas but at the expense of Fabregas' superior intelligence, I suppose that is why Anderson plays for Man Utd and Fabregas plays for Arsenal, two different styles. You obviously choose the neglect the stone cold efficiency of Fabregas and embrace the style of Anderson who far from steady on the ball but will run around and barge into people.

So because you dont like the content of a post it suddenly becomes a poor post?

Permabanned
EDIT - Just to say, when the the whole team is being outplayed, it's really unfair to single out Fabregas as being 'run ragged', it's a team game and if his team aren't playing well it's nearly impossible to shine as an induvidual vs a team like Man Utd, you can't beat Man Utd with 11 induviduals playing well, therefore how was Cesc possibly going to shine? You may not either understand Arsenal's ideas and style, it's very much a team effort with only maybe Hleb having any induvidual flare really, the team only works because of the other players.

He ran him ragged at the Emirates as well, when if im not mistaken you had your first team out,scrapped a draw and celebrated like you had won the league

Back
Top Bottom