Football *Spoilers* 29th-30th March

Caporegime
Maybe so but Fergie never rotates. He knows his best 11 and plays them whenever available :p ;)

That was certainly the case up until this season. He was forced into changes, but the players we brought in shone and showed they were up to the standard required. As a result, there is no fear or any real detrimental effects to rotation of our midfield now.

Soldato
Imo his best position is CM. His best asset is his passing, and as you say he's strong in the tackle and he has a good understanding of positioning, he reads the game well.

If he's going to play a similar position to Ronaldinho he needs to show he can score goals, and regularly. As I see it now he would offer more to the team in a play-making/CM role.

Please dont say "he needs encouraging to shoot"
What he needs is told never to shoot, he needs to be told to pass it to someone else the moment he gets it into his head to shoot.
He just thrashes at it and thats how he shows he is still just a kid, he can do the tackling, passing, tracking back, but he just shows no composure what so ever in front of goal.

Soldato
What he needs is told never to shoot, he needs to be told to pass it to someone else the moment he gets it into his head to shoot.
He just thrashes at it and thats how he shows he is still just a kid, he can do the tackling, passing, tracking back, but he just shows no composure what so ever in front of goal.

:confused:

He may turn into a goal machine, he may not. That's all I'm saying.

Soldato
He certainly know's where the net is, although you wouldn't know it if you were looking only at his performances for Utd. I'm sure once he's put the first couple away he'll stop thrashing the ball and just hit it when he's comfortable to do so rather than trying to force it.

Associate
It makes me laugh that Arsenal fans have this perception of their team as genius tactically and supreme passers of the ball, while Fergie just tells his XI to run out on the pitch and score lots of goals by sprinting all over the place and barging players out of the way. Our goal difference is what, 53 now, imagine if we added tactics in the mix, we'd be unstoppable. :rolleyes:

Not to say that Arsenal aren't good at those things, just we do it better and faster. :)

I think they are a bit different.

ManU are a lot more decisive in the last third which is reflected in their goal difference. Yes they are technically gifted obviously and pass the ball around very well.

Arsenal are on a different level with regards to positioning off of the ball and the fast short passing game though; especially in tight areas. Certainly not so much recently but in the first two thirds of the season it was a lot more noticable.

Ultimately where we've failed in the run in is that we're still not getting enough goals from midfield. Fab started off well but fell away. Hleb probably isn't scoring as many as he should be either. Its been noticable since RvP has been back that we looked a lot sharper up front against Bolton.

Associate
Anderson is a supporting striker by trade (in the same role as Ronaldinho), his second position is left-wing. It just happens that he can play a lot of positions.
The fact he's strong and can tackle just adds a whole other string to his bow.

To be honest, he looks like a battling combatitive midfielder to me who likes to cover ground and put his foot in. His career goal ratio suggests it's an area of his game he radically needs to improve if he is to play as a supporting striker - I think it's something like 3 in 50 ish.

Soldato
Another example of a poor post, there is absolutely no need for personal insults in a football debate. You are making yourself look immature, but I don't suppose you care with it being an online forum and all. C'est la vie!

You dont know me very well do you?

If anything im consistent :)

What strikes me as strange is that you see your little team as free flowing agents of the beautiful game yet they are petulant little kids most of the time

Have you forgotten about your Captain having a girly fit in the middle of the pitch? Or when your team are losing and start hacking away? How about when you were all up in arms about the Eduardo tackle yet its not mentioned at all when one of your own commits an almost identical challenge

And dont get me started on the Gallas team talk before the Chelsea game LoL

If you would like me to personally insult you to your face, let me know :)

how pathetic do you come across with a closing statement like that, we might expect that kind of childish bullying 'lets have a straightner' remarks hidden behind a ':)' on a cs forum but its not welcome here .. grow up

Club threads were closed due to idiotic remarks and behavior so try and show some respect to fellow members regardless of the club they support etc

Permabanned
how pathetic do you come across with a closing statement like that, we might expect that kind of childish bullying 'lets have a straightner' remarks hidden behind a ':)' on a cs forum but its not welcome here .. grow up

Club threads were closed due to idiotic remarks and behavior so try and show some respect to fellow members regardless of the club they support etc

Dont tell me how this place runs ive been around a lot longer than you treacle :)

Caporegime
To be honest, he looks like a battling combatitive midfielder to me who likes to cover ground and put his foot in. His career goal ratio suggests it's an area of his game he radically needs to improve if he is to play as a supporting striker - I think it's something like 3 in 50 ish.

He's only played that position once for us. He broke his leg last season and hasn't recovered. Before that he was a young kid in big leagues (Gremio).
It will come, his class has already shone through and he has future World-Class written all over him.

Soldato
He certainly know's where the net is, although you wouldn't know it if you were looking only at his performances for Utd. I'm sure once he's put the first couple away he'll stop thrashing the ball and just hit it when he's comfortable to do so rather than trying to force it.

Absolutely.

He just shouldnt shoot AT ALL untill we are a couple of goals up and in the 93rd minute at the moment because he is almost as bad as kuyt for shots on target.

Soldato
OP
His shooting isn't that bad. He's had some good shots in a few games and he's been unlucky not to score. People are just thinking about the Liverpool game too much. He will become one of the best players in the world, I have no doubts about that.

Him and Nani were two awesome signings. The improvements from both from the start of the season to now has been immense. Initially I thought Nani wouldn't make it but the last couple of months he's been superb.

The fact that we've been able to bring these youngsters into a title winning team and give them plenty of games whilst still challenging for the title again is brilliant and next season they'll be even better.

Soldato
just got back from wembely for the Johnstones Paint Trophy

will put some Wembely pics up soon if anyone was interested

Never been to a league 2 match before, very enjoyable time with decent football played

Chuffed Toon hammered Spurs n all, went to see the wrong black n whites in London then

Grimsby lost to the MK dons 2-0

Soldato
Dont tell me how this place runs ive been around a lot longer than you treacle :)

so what ? if you think post count actually means something your even more of a fool than we all know, ....... and treacle ? try love or darling .. you need a holiday,

Back
Top Bottom