Just hit the motherload

Soldato
So why would they want £5k?

Its not a case of whether they want it, its if they are offered it.

The council know they are uprooting some peoples lives, lives that people are comfortable in, in houses that they have often lived in for 20-30 years. The council give 5k to take the edge off the upheaval

They give you the money, you dont say. Thanks for the offer chaps, but you keep it, and spend it on giving the mayor a new jag.

This forum is full of people who act so up themselves that they actually discard common sense totally

Soldato
Then I dont see why everyone is in a hissy fit.

You're a Key Worker, you're paying rent, end of.

exactly

people either assume because hes in a council home hes a doley scrounging scumbag

or

because hes working and and earning a crust hes not entitled to affordable accomodation

or

compensation to cover being kicked out his home

Soldato
You're on a 20k a year job, and you live in a council flat. Please, get your own place, you can clearly afford it.
Unless you've chosen said grotty council flat, in that case, it doesnt matter as I thought you were sponging it by being put in one.

Soldato
You're on a 20k a year job, and you live in a council flat. Please, get your own place, you can clearly afford it.

Havent you read the thread?

He has his own place which he pays full rent for and council tax.do you think council properties are only for the unemployed?

Associate
Its not a case of whether they want it, its if they are offered it.

The council know they are uprooting some peoples lives, lives that people are comfortable in, in houses that they have often lived in for 20-30 years. The council give 5k to take the edge off the upheaval

They give you the money, you dont say. Thanks for the offer chaps, but you keep it, and spend it on giving the mayor a new jag.

This forum is full of people who act so up themselves that they actually discard common sense totally

People are not having a go at the op for taking the cash any one would. Its the council offering it in the first place.

to all those congratuating him, think about all the money the council must **** away like this next you pay your (probably inceasing) council tax bill

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Unless you've chosen said grotty council flat, in that case, it doesnt matter as I thought you were sponging it by being put in one.

how do you know what he can clearly afford? Just because he earns £20k, doesn't mean that he has all of that to go towards accommodation? I make more than that and if I was alone I wouldn't be able to afford to live on my own because of past money stuff. You just can't comment on his situation with the distinct lack of knowledge you have on the subject.

Soldato
OP
okay, Just for the people that think I need to move out of a council place into a mortgaged home.

It was a plan a few months ago, and I split with my girlfriend, So Obviously the income coming into the home halved.

I do plan on buying my own place, But surely it's better to save a nest egg, rather than just jump into a new home.

I'm currently saving to buy a new home, And to be honest, This £5000, the first thing I thought about was putting it into the savings, and looking at buying somewhere.

I may even look into buying the housing association home I move into if it's nice enough

Associate
I just fail to understand why council houses are not given to people who are truly unable to WORK or otherwise earn a living.

The fact you are in employment means you are more than capable of renting a place, somewhere. You should not be in council accommodation. At the most, rent student accommodation.

Permabanned
So why would they want £5k?

For trauma counselling :rolleyes:

Seriously he has not ASKED for the money and who in their right mind would turn down FREE money!! Even hardcore un-materialistic people would probably accept it if only to then give it away too a charity, family, friends or heaven forbid go on a nice holiday to help reduce the stress of the whole situation!! And who could blame them for that??

Soldato
I just fail to understand why council houses are not given to people who are truly unable to WORK or otherwise earn a living.

The fact you are in employment means you are more than capable of renting a place, somewhere. You should not be in council accommodation. At the most, rent student accommodation.

Some people just havent got a clue,obviously been brought up in a private home all their life...

Council houses are for everyone,those who work those who are out of work etc etc etc.

I'd rather have someone in a council house who is paying full rent and full council tax than some chav who doesnt have to pay rent or council tax.

Soldato
okay, Just for the people that think I need to move out of a council place into a mortgaged home.

It was a plan a few months ago, and I split with my girlfriend, So Obviously the income coming into the home halved.

I do plan on buying my own place, But surely it's better to save a nest egg, rather than just jump into a new home.

I'm currently saving to buy a new home, And to be honest, This £5000, the first thing I thought about was putting it into the savings, and looking at buying somewhere.

I may even look into buying the housing association home I move into if it's nice enough

you dont have to justify yourself to anyone

you pay full rent and council tax as well as paye like the rest of us

people assume that because its a council accomodation you somehow dont deserve it which is just silly

Soldato
OP

I do rent a place somewhere :confused:

I'm not living here for free

Caporegime

DOn't think people are having a go at you, more te seemingly pointless throwing of money by the council. like why should they pay for sky installation etc?

Soldato

Do you not think offering cheaper homes and rent for key workers encourages employment?

Soldato
People of ocuk are to quick to pass judgement, he lives by himself how dare any of you say he lives in a **** hole, your bang out of order, yes hes on 20k a year but how the heck do you know he hasnt got debts etc to pay off, come off it.

You dont know anything about his personal life, if someone knocked on my door saying you had to move because of demolition, i would seriously be worried as its a big step.. lighten up on him.

at least he's making an effort in this world, i bet theres one or two of us amongst us, who havent got any go in them whatsoever to even think about trying to get a decent job.

Soldato
OP
DOn't think people are having a go at you, more te seemingly pointless throwing of money by the council. like why should they pay for sky installation etc?

Atleast I started an interesting debate of sorts :D

As for the sky thingy, reason they pay for the installation is because I've paid for it once here. and if it wasn't for the council demolishing these properties, I wouldn't have to pay for it again. But because they are making me move, Then I would have to pay for something for a second time, when it's not my fault.:)

Back
Top Bottom