CryEngine 3 tech demo

uv

uv

Soldato
that could've been a tech demo for the cryengine2 for all I could see.. there wasn't a single thing that made me think "current engines can't do this".

I'm all for advancement and innovation, but that video had neither imo :/

Associate
So is this just a purposely limited CryEngine 2 for Crytek to enter the console market, and then use it on the PC rather than make 'exclusive' engines for the PC from now on?

Looks like Skyboxes as well...oh no...

Caporegime
that could've been a tech demo for the cryengine2 for all I could see.. there wasn't a single thing that made me think "current engines can't do this".

I'm all for advancement and innovation, but that video had neither imo :/

I'm guessing it's something to do with new shader's maybe....No idea though without them listing them :p

Probably just 'works' better...as in more optimised perhaps.

Soldato
I seem to recall the CryEngine2 tech demo and how the CGI must have stopped just short enough to let them call it 'in-game' :D

Good to see they've turned all their efforts to the piracy-less wonder consoles now.. Ten bucks says it's runs like a legless dog. Or runs like a two-legged dog with a draw distance of about 5 feet.

Ogs

Ogs

Associate
Pretty sure they said in the press release a lil while ago that Cry Engine 3 was for all platforms (they didnt say "PC", they said "DX9/10").

Soldato
So is this just a purposely limited CryEngine 2 for Crytek to enter the console market, and then use it on the PC rather than make 'exclusive' engines for the PC from now on?

Looks like Skyboxes as well...oh no...

Crysis didn't do as well as they expected so they threw their toys out the pram, rather than address the reasons why.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
It looks fine and i think that's the problem it just isn't as ground breaking of the cryengine 2.

What i want to know is when are we going to see some of that describable terrain in a game from crytek

Back
Top Bottom