Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
If you are in your cooling off period PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back and cancel the agreement. I seriously cannot believe after reading this thread that you think this is a good idea. You will REALLY regret this in a few months. I mean you've paid more than what you can buy a new one for and this one doesn't even have alloy wheels, you've spend 10k on a car and you have to go out and buy alloy wheels. Seriously cancel this agreement as you've basically chained yourself to this car for 5 years!

****ing hell!

7k over 4 years, its not as bad as everyones making out, im paying almost double what its worth, OVER 48 MONTHS!

& i wont regret it at all, im not like most people, i dont miss school one bit, i dont need the biggest fastest cars, i dont need all the money in the world, i dont need all the newest stuff out and the most expensive gaming computers..

I look at what i want, i go get it, im happy with it, i wont get it if im not happy with it, its the first car ive got on finance, everyone whos seen it has said its nice, a lot have said its expensive but no ones gone as mental as most of the people on this thread.

& i dont have a cooling off period with them, they explained everything, they explained that i wont get what i paid for it if i bring it back, they explained all the details behind the finance, they showed me whats right with the car n theres nothing mechanically wrong, the body is A+ cond.. theres not a thing wrong with it and its been fully serviced.

Im paying a lot for it but i can justify it, i got a car that i needed and i got to get it when i needed it, where as i couldnt wait until december for a car (punto will have been owned a year then) and i can pay off a certain amount every so often to bring payments down IF i want to..

Next time, ill be able to get finance elsewhere as ill have a better rating, elsewhere will be maybe a main dealer with 0% APR etc, its like anything, its a way onto the ladder to work upto..

Soldato
Just wow. You're deluded if you think there's such thing as a "credit ladder". Congratulations on spending a ridiculous amount of money on a bog standard small hatchback.

Caporegime
Well words defy me. You are incredibly daft and naive. I mean you have generic halfords hubcaps, bits of plastic where fog lights should be and the mirrors aren't the same colour as the car. Even my 11 yr old Fiesta has these. If you don't want something flash why not do the savvy thing and buy a cheap runaround.

Soldato
Figured it out, 48 months at 150 = 7200.. 3.2k fiance..

Bit much but not too bad.

Did you have any parents/guardians you could have consulted this with?

Also you mentioned not being able to get a loan with a "large" dealership, did you try with them at all?

Also if you have a good job, would 3 months of saving not give you around 3k?

Since your young, how much did fully comp insurance cost for this car? Did you get GAP insurance just incase you crashed it?

Soldato
I look at what i want, i go get it, im happy with it, i wont get it if im not happy with it, its the first car ive got on finance, everyone whos seen it has said its nice, a lot have said its expensive but no ones gone as mental as most of the people on this thread.

To be fair, it's the internet so people here aren't as concerned about saying something nice and are just being honest.

Going off my past experience I'll be bored of my current car within a year, hopefully you'll still enjoy yours towards the end of your contract though given you cant cancel it now. If it's all signed for and no backing out then I guess that's that, so hopefully you'll enjoy owning it.

Soldato
you could have saved 3 or 4 months worth of 'repayments' you are making, gone out and bought a tidy workable car with full MOT, tax, and not be in debt!

dont you have that sickening feeling inside that you have just been conned? if you dont then there is something not wired up correctly in your brain :(

Soldato
OP
Since your young, how much did fully comp insurance cost for this car? Did you get GAP insurance just incase you crashed it?

I could have saved but i dont get enough to save 3k in 3 months..

GAP ins included and fully comp is 2400

Punto at third party was 2100 which is one of the reasons why i just got a new car..

Soldato
LOL, how can you justify paying double for something, just because its over a longer period of time. This thread is just crazy. I can't for the life of me understand anybody who buys this sort of car on credit. At least get something good if your going to pay through the nose for it.

Associate
[TW]Fox;14265050 said:
Sounds like you've been absolutely ripped off, no wonder you don't want to talk about it.

[TW]Fox;14265171 said:
This is a candidate for the biggest EPIC FAIL of 2009.
Seriously, what on earth are you thinking!? What part of your brain told you this was a good idea?

9 grand for a 4 year old base level Clio.

OWNED.

Pretty much sums up the thread.

Man of Honour
i know what im doing now back off :S

No, you absolutely do not know what you are doing. Not for a long time have I seen a thread by somebody who less knew what they were doing than you in this one. That you think you know what you are doing is the problem.

If you saw that, and saw the punto, its a lot better,

I'm not disputing that, for about £3k its a tidy car. But you didnt pay that so its irrelevent. For a £7k car its utterly rubbish and devoid of any merit.

A Nokia 6500 is better than a Nokia 5100, would you pay £1k for one? of course not. How bad your Punto was has absolutely no relevence on how much you are being utterly conned for this Clio.

full service FULL

Its a 4 year old car what 4 year old car DOESNT have FSH?

now leave the thread if you dont want to agree with me

LOL, did you really just say that?

the car IS nice,

Dude its a 1.2 Clio base model? Like I said you wont often find me criticising cars like this in this way because normally somebody scrapes together a grand and buys a crappy Clio - they'd love to splash a load more on something nicer but they can't so its not mine or anyone elses place to criticise it.

But this is different. You are spending a FORTUNE, much more than many people in this thread ever spend on a car. And in return for it you are getting a £3k Clio. Great.

Just WHAT do you want us to say about it? It's a nice colour?

its not a BMW.. its a Renault..

Nothing wrong with the right Clio at the right price. This is the wrong Clio at the wrong price.

Tidy 2004 1.4 Authentique would have been a great buy at about £3K.

Caporegime
Haha you are financially bleeding from the arse! I didn't think you had this level of stupidness inside you!

I mean I feel awful for you so god knows how bad you're feeling right now after paying well over the odds for a car with less spec and less power than my Fiesta which is 11 years old and costs one tenth of what you just handed over. No wonder we're in a credit crunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom