Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I could have saved but i dont get enough to save 3k in 3 months..

GAP ins included and fully comp is 2400

Punto at third party was 2100 which is one of the reasons why i just got a new car..

wow! 2400 for insurance, i really feel sorry for younger people!

I dont know why people are arguing the whole "credit ladder" statement.

Some people even find it hard to get a mobile phone contract due to having no past history.

But maybe getting a small credit card/ loan could have helped thier situation.

I do think this has been a rushed decission, could your punto not have lasted any longer?

Caporegime
Yeah, gotta pick my car up first. I'm buying a 4 year old Fiesta for 10k, it is base level but it's really nice and has service history and an MOT so it's well worth paying double for this one!

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;14265467 said:
Just WHAT do you want us to say about it? It's a nice colour?

That its a nice car and that they hope im happy with my decision, if thats what they think, if not then i dont want anyone to comment.. :s Why would you? Why would i want anyone to go through what you just have..

The financial side of this is something i didnt want to get into because i didnt want everyone to know about my financial situation, that isnt why i posted the car, i wanted judgement on the car, THAT IS ALL.

Soldato
19, 2 years driving experience (i assume) and £2400 for insurance on a 1.2?

You're being ripped off on insurance as well.....

Soldato
That its a nice car and that they hope im happy with my decision, if thats what they think, if not then i dont want anyone to comment.. :s Why would you? Why would i want anyone to go through what you just have..

The financial side of this is something i didnt want to get into because i didnt want everyone to know about my financial situation, that isnt why i posted the car, i wanted judgement on the car, THAT IS ALL.

Ok, nice car, i would pay 2.5k

wait.....

.....7.2k :eek:

Soldato

Why didn't you want to get into it? Is it perhaps because you know full well that it's a shocking deal, and you didn't want the inevitable grilling that you've rightfully received?

No one is being rude or offensive, we're simply trying to educate you

Associate
You would do well to listen to the advice in this thread.

You have paid over the cars market value and then you have paid a silly amount on top of that for the finance. You have even said your self you will be paying atleast twice the cars value over the finance period.

I will also take the time to tell you that the 2 Year warrenty from car craft is shocking, one of my best friends has currently got a finance agreement on a 04 plate clio and is 6 months into the agreement. So far he has been back to car craft 16 times with problems and things are still not sorted as parts have to be "specially shipped in" and are "hard to get hold of".

If I was you, sit down think about what you have actually done. Realise you are a compete idiot and try everything possible to take the car back and cancel the finance.

Soldato
7k over 4 years, its not as bad as everyones making out, im paying almost double what its worth, OVER 48 MONTHS!

& i wont regret it at all, im not like most people, i dont miss school one bit, i dont need the biggest fastest cars, i dont need all the money in the world, i dont need all the newest stuff out and the most expensive gaming computers..

I look at what i want, i go get it, im happy with it, i wont get it if im not happy with it, its the first car ive got on finance, everyone whos seen it has said its nice, a lot have said its expensive but no ones gone as mental as most of the people on this thread.

& i dont have a cooling off period with them, they explained everything, they explained that i wont get what i paid for it if i bring it back, they explained all the details behind the finance, they showed me whats right with the car n theres nothing mechanically wrong, the body is A+ cond.. theres not a thing wrong with it and its been fully serviced.

Im paying a lot for it but i can justify it, i got a car that i needed and i got to get it when i needed it, where as i couldnt wait until december for a car (punto will have been owned a year then) and i can pay off a certain amount every so often to bring payments down IF i want to..

Next time, ill be able to get finance elsewhere as ill have a better rating, elsewhere will be maybe a main dealer with 0% APR etc, its like anything, its a way onto the ladder to work upto..

I really want to try and be constructive but i'm finding it very hard, you could have got aone of those credit cards and cleared the payments every month for a few months to build your credit rating, you've got an iphone (according to your sig), is that on contract? paying the bill every month will build your credit rating. I hate to say it, but getting finance on a car isn't that hard, quite a lot guarantee finance as they can secure it on the car, even main dealers, (Evans Halshaw near me guarantee finance) but that's irrelevent.

What you should have done is saved £500/£1000 and bought a reliable cheap car to get you to work and back, (there are a lot to choose from in this price range), then save for 6 months / even a year, the bigger the deposit you can get, the more likely you will get finance as you are less of a risk, same as with a mortgage. I've seen Clio 172's go for less than what that cost you at base price (£3.5/4k), hell of a lot more car too.

Step outside of your own warped mind for a minute, you're just happy you've got a new car and nothing anyone says will change that, and of course you are going to defend your decision, if it was me i probably would too, you have thought short term and haven't taken the future into any consideration and every single post in this thread has been aided to try and help you, if there is a cooling off period, please go and cancel the agreement and save yourself 3.5 years of unhappiness. Think about it, when you got your volvo, you loved it right? How long did the love last? Same with the punto, the same WILL happen with the clio. I speak from experience, i bought an almost new Seat Ibiza on finance, nowhere near as much as you're paying mind, but after 6 months, the new car smile had gone, i wanted something quicker and a bit better, it's human nature to want better. Again, referring to your iphone, what phone did you have before and why did you get rid of it and replace it with the iphone? There you go :)

So there you have it, my constructive critisism, oh and by the way, nice colour ;) :p

Soldato
OP
Why didn't you want to get into it? Is it perhaps because you know full well that it's a shocking deal, and you didn't want the inevitable grilling that you've rightfully received?

No one is being rude or offensive, we're simply trying to educate you

People try to educate me bt i dont listen, if i regret it then i wont do it again, but at this moment in time i need a car, im not paying out for anything other than my phone, i struggle with credit but i was agreed credit on this so i said yes, after thinking about it..

I didnt want to get into it because i dont discuss my finances with anyone, its there mine.. I find them personal? The deal is harsh, but i thought i earnt enough, i thought i need a car, i thought why not. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom