The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Associate
Yea CrystalCpuId is pretty useful, i use it with my laptop and i am able to drop the voltage from 1.325 to 1.1 on full speed which is pretty good as laptop becomes quieter and cooler.

Soldato
well got it up and running need to strip it and try again with the cables (nest)

Antec fusion remote black
corsair hw650w
intel q6600
Gainward 4870 golden sample
Mini ninja
lg blu/hd-dvd
1tb+360gb
8gb corsair xms2

idle temps are 33c load about 45c

dsc0053ggt.jpg

dsc0054x.jpg

dsc0057dws.jpg

Last edited:

CSA

CSA

Associate
Hi steveo, im currently looking into building a HTPC using that antec case , can i ask you what exactly is the remote used for ? ive read it can be used in media center but what else ?

Caporegime
Some quick pictures now, sorry about quality. Will get some better ones tomorrow when I put new GPU cooler on the card. And yes I know, lots of wires.

SS102399a.jpg

SS102400a.jpg

Associate
Here's my new system. Not even looked at overclocking it yet, as need to read some guides first.

Still got to connect my existing Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers, or get a Dell AS501 soundbar (prefer concept of soundbar for less cable clutter). Find a floppy bay fan controller for quietening the two Noctua NP-F12 front fans.

syssg03.jpg

Case: Silverstone SG-03 with Pioneer DVR-109XLC
Motherboard: DFI Lanparty JR P45-T2RS
CPU: Intel E8400 with Enzotech Extreme-X passive CPU cooler
RAM: G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
HDD: Samsung spinpoint F1 320GB
GFX: Powercolor 4670 PCS 512MB
Monitor: Dell SP2008WFP (has protective film cover still over camera, and stand base)

Other items in picture:
Sennheiser PC150 headset. BenQ mini-buddy keyboard, logitech G5 mouse, Steelseries I-2 blue mouse pad.

i know this is from ages ago, but i love that case! how much can u fit in it though? would it work with an i5 and a gigabyte p55m ud2 mobo (m-atx)

dont need mass gfx but how many hdds would it fit? it just looks so nice! either that or go for the newer sg4 or full sized fortress cant decide i know i want silver though.

Associate
Some quick pictures now, sorry about quality. Will get some better ones tomorrow when I put new GPU cooler on the card. And yes I know, lots of wires.
*snip snip*

Would it not be tidier and give you more room to have the sub under the v350? (I know it would maybe make the case rattle a little when you got the base loud, but surely it wouldn't effect it really) Just thought would give you some more leg room and lift the case up to a better hight for using the optical + keeping it off the floor and away from dust.

Soldato
I agree - that's a sweet case. It's got dust filters and everything. Is that silver stone badge the 3.25" bay?

Swing open the front side hinged covers to access features. A bit like Thermaltake Armor case.

sugo03front.jpg

There are two HDD positions in the base. Don't know if floppy drive bay can be used, although I would worry about vibration.

A review of the SG-03 with plenty of pictures at Hardware Canucks

If you go for the Sugo 04 it has a different opening, as shown in Hi-Tech Reviews overview. The reset button and ports are easily accessed using the left flap (similar to SG-03), while fan cover is attached as a whole to right side hinge. At least don't have to worry about colour co-ordinated optical drive.

Check if you want the handled version of the SG-04, as when I looked the non-handled version wasn't available in Europe.

Some m-ATX motherboards have the CPU socket positioned near the edge so can cause alignment issues depending on what CPU cooler option you are considering. Or maybe try Corsair H50 cooler and have it expell out the front, or modify case include a top vent at rear (don't know if enough space).

Back
Top Bottom