Midweek Football Thread. Champions League. 15-16 *spoliers*

Soldato
Mogga and Grunt for the chop then?

I reckon they`re 2 games away from it.

I'll give them until after the January transfer window to see if their fans are happy with any transfers made, especially in defence. After that we'll soon see the usual complaints about referees, media bias (e.g. Caldwell today) and season ticket holders getting ripped off by the board.

Once all that starts again then we'll see their jobs in trouble.

Then again it's only been one game plenty more to play for. I'd expect Celtic to win about 2-0 against them at home but then again I expected a win tonight.

Soldato
I'll give them until after the January transfer window to see if their fans are happy with any transfers made, especially in defence. After that we'll soon see the usual complaints about referees, media bias (e.g. Caldwell today) and season ticket holders getting ripped off by the board.

Once all that starts again then we'll see their jobs in trouble.

Then again it's only been one game plenty more to play for. I'd expect Celtic to win about 2-0 against them at home but then again I expected a win tonight.

When they went 1 up I thought they'd win. But away form again (and this isnt even the champions league) still haunts them.

Associate
Looks like Mowbray hasn't cured the Celtic FC European Competition Group Stage Away Game Curse afterall:(

_46397710_mowbray_282b.jpg

Facepalm indeed Tony!

Associate
This wouldn't be you taking more pleasure in the fortunes of Celtic than Rangers would it? A tad obsessed are we? :D

If you`re asking if it has been a pleasure watching C*ltic in Europe over the last 20 years then i can state, categorically, that it is very much the case.

Only UK Gold and its endless repeats of Blackadder has given me more pleasure

This Thursday night pub team league is great fun. :D

Anyone know what group Auchinleck Talbot is in? :D

Caporegime
Is there any way we can get the Celtic and Rangers fan their own sub forum? Sometimes reading their posts makes me embarrassed to be a football fan. They seem to spend more time commenting on each others teams than their own :confused:

Soldato
It's McMav and McRod that ruin it for everyone. Any time Celtic slip up it's a never ending tirade about how they enjoy it so much. Never a constructive comment.

Anyhoo, Celtic where pretty poor in the second half and I was absolutely gutted at the final whistle. Tony has got to do something about his tactics, Tel Aviv where there for the taking in the first half before the side flagged in the heat during the second. We need to crush teams when the chances are there and not simply sit back on a one goal lead.

Back
Top Bottom