Midweek Football Thread. Champions League. 15-16 *spoliers*

Associate
Yes i see your point but my point is that we are falling behind Chelsea, Man Utd and even the bloody Spurs...fair enough Chelsea and Spurs have so far had an easy ride but i cant see Chelsea, Man Utd, liverpool and now even man City dropping many points tbqh.

Spurs have played Liverpool and Man Utd so far, not exactly "easy" fixtures.

Only saw the last 30 mins of the first half from the Liverpool game, their passing was sloppy and their crossing was abysmal.

Soldato
Bit of a knee jerk reaction. Arsenal have had a good start in my opinion and if they beat Man Utd then things would be excellent. Last night was a team filled with players like Eboue, Bender, Diaby etc. etc. who just ruin the fluency of Arsenal as they're not that good. Even the return of Rosicky was hugely encouraging, he was awesome last night. Stick Arsh, RvP, Nasri, Fab etc all in the same team and they'll be flying, it's just keeping the right players fit.

I'm not hugely worried, even with a poor team and performance Arsenal still scored 3 away from home in the Champions League, seriously, Arsenal fans have it far, far, far too good if you're complaining already!

Soldato
Oh, also, I think when Walcott comes into the team this 4-3-3 will be deadly, I don't rate him that highly (yet) but I think his pace could be devastating in this formation, really looking forward to seeing him up top.

I think Wenger is planning to use Nasri next to Fab instead of Denilson too which will be awesome (he started using Nasri defensively at the end of last season, I reckon he was getting him ready for a midfield 3 this season and teaching him some defensive responsibility)

Man of Honour
I thought Nasri defensively looked pretty good as well. He certainly looked terrier like, akin to Flamini towards the end of last season. You'd have thought Diaby would have stepped up to the mantle being that it was him who broke his leg...but alas..

Soldato
I like the 4-3-3 idea from Wenger but I just can't see why he plays RvP at the point of the strikers and Bender on the right.

Surely a RvP - Eduardo/Bender - Arshavin line up would be better.

Soldato
I like the 4-3-3 idea from Wenger but I just can't see why he plays RvP at the point of the strikers and Bender on the right.

Surely a RvP - Eduardo/Bender - Arshavin line up would be better.

Agreed. RvP is great on the wings for Holland and he is more involved in the games out wide (strangely enough), seems to put himself about more. I don't think he's suited to the central role. Even though Bender was pretty poor last night he still showed he's capable of holding the ball up well many times, he should be given a chance centrally, I think everybody can see it so there must be a reason Wenger hasn't tried it yet that we don't know about.

Soldato
Was a cracking goal. If Rangers had gone at them from the start they could have taken all 3 points I reckon. A draw over there is a good result though.

Yeahb ut you know Walter and his 4-5-1 :D

Still when we played Stutgart didnt look all that clever.

What you reckon tonights score will be ?

Nor

Nor

Associate
Yeahb ut you know Walter and his 4-5-1 :D

Still when we played Stutgart didnt look all that clever.

What you reckon tonights score will be ?

It's 1-0 at the moment and we're all over them, but they're not a bad side. Hopefully we can get another and put it to bed. Wouldn't put it past them scoring though.

Soldato
I don't understand what Fulham are doing, they fight all season long to get into Europe and then in their first game field a weakened team with a bench of players with 1 start between them. It's similar to Villa playing a weakened team which saw them knocked out last season. What's the point????

Nor

Nor

Associate
Tel-Aviv score against Celtic, 1-1. Game on!

Edit: Oh dear 2-1 to the Tel-Aviv. :eek:

So much for the easy team.

Celtic just didn't come out for the second half. I appreciate that the heat is mad, but no excuse for that second half performance. Got what they deserved.

Back
Top Bottom