~ New Super Mario Bros (Wii) ~

Soldato
OP
ut i'd rather a proper, flagship 2d Mario adventure rather than throwaway Mario party fun.

Mario Galaxy 2 isn't far off. NSMB Wii is said to be a full on mario game, not just something they did for MP.

As long as the levels are challenging enough in SP and nothing in the game looks like its made just for MP, I'll be happy. I'll probably play through the game with my sister as she was hooked on the DS version.

Caporegime
The gameplay looks amazing.

As for demo play... It's not for those of us who will slave away at something for day on end. It's for those of us who want to get on and play the game and not miss out on hours and hours of gameplay because they can't manage a particularly difficult 2 minutes on a boss fight or a handful of really hard jumps or whatever.

Soldato
OP
The gameplay looks amazing.

As for demo play... It's not for those of us who will slave away at something for day on end. It's for those of us who want to get on and play the game and not miss out on hours and hours of gameplay because they can't manage a particularly difficult 2 minutes on a boss fight or a handful of really hard jumps or whatever.

Then why are those people even playing videos games if they don't want to play through the hard parts?

Its a dumb feature no matter how you look at it.

Soldato
From what I've read watched this appears to be almost totally a multiplayer game and although me the G/F had fun on LBP I cant see this being up to the same standard tbh

Might get the proper Mario game but will probably give this a miss especially considering all the other games being released on other platforms

Soldato
The game will also be the first game on the Wii to feature "demo play", where players will be able to pause the game, let the game complete the level for them, and resume play at any time by unpausing.

hurr.gif

"But what if they get stuck?!"

Can't you take a challenge? If my 10 year old self could complete The Lost Levels which is the hardest Mario game to date, then anyone can play them. The concept of finding a game so difficult that you no longer play it just so you can get past it really defeats the point of it.

Soldato
OP
"The game will also be the first game on the Wii to feature "demo play""

First game? I take it Nintendo are playing to put "demo play" into future titles. I hope its not in MG 2.

Soldato
What makes me laugh about this is that Nintendo were all about fitness and getting off your ass and jumping up and down, wii fitness etc, now they’ve done a game that….

…..wait for it. Yes..!! it plays itself. Awesome. Nintendo, make your mind up. Are we to be lazy and not do anything, or get up and do something..!!??

lol

Soldato
OP
What makes me laugh about this is that Nintendo were all about fitness and getting off your ass and jumping up and down, wii fitness etc, now they’ve done a game that….

…..wait for it. Yes..!! it plays itself. Awesome. Nintendo, make your mind up. Are we to be lazy and not do anything, or get up and do something..!!??

lol

Good point. lol. :D

Even casual gamers that I know don't mind a challenge. They aren't going to play through games lik megaman 9 or ninja gaiden, but if its Mario, they'll have fun with the challenge.

Unless this feature is for the people that call the Wii "that game that plays the bowling." or the people that bring in their monitors to a repair shop when their GPU dies. :/

Caporegime
hurr.gif

"But what if they get stuck?!"

Can't you take a challenge? If my 10 year old self could complete The Lost Levels which is the hardest Mario game to date, then anyone can play them. The concept of finding a game so difficult that you no longer play it just so you can get past it really defeats the point of it.

Good for him. Not all gamers have the skill, time or inclination to do that though. Plenty of people want to play, and not struggle. It's a game, it's meant to be fun.

You have to remember that this is feature is not for us sat here discussing it. It's for my wife or your mum or whoever else.

Soldato
OP
You have to remember that this is feature is not for us sat here discussing it. It's for my wife or your mum or whoever else.

I think this feature is only for those that suck so hard at games that they stop the progress of the group of players. If one player can't do something while the others can, that player can just pause it so the rest can continue. I guess its a smart feature in that regards.

I just don't see the point in using this if you're playing it on your own.

Soldato
If it works any way like the Party Mode does in GH5 on the Wii, it'll be a good thing. Songs have come on either the missus or I detest, and the pause button is hit as not to impair the other. Said quitter than fetches the beer :)

Looking forward to playing it, just wish it wasn't two toads. Why not any other of the side characters?

Man of Honour
Great great great great great. :D

Really should have been one of the launch titles. A Ninty console launch without a Maaario game is not right.

Really looking forward to this. :D

Back
Top Bottom