Does Halo 3 Require...

Permabanned
you to play through halo 1 and 2???? was wondering this because i really want to play halo 3 however, i cant be bothered to play halo 1 (which i have) and halo 2 because of their godly graphics :p.

regards
Nabil

Soldato
I'd play through them. It'll make far more sense. The first too games have a good story, except the abrupt ending to the second game, which won't bother you too much. You can go straight into the third game. :)

Associate
You can probably get by if you read the halo 1+2 story (plenty of online places but one of the best will be halo.bungie.org)

If you don't want to play due to the graphics then this is your only choice for understanding the story if you don't already, or maybe ask a friend to explain to you what happens if they have played through them and how Halo 3 comes to fit into it all.

Other than playing them this is your only other alternative as far as I can see.

Stu

Soldato
Read the books if you don't want to play the first game through, it'll tell you all you need to know.
Personally I've only played 2+3 and I dont feel like there is anything that I couldn't have worked out, except maybe the basic understanding of the forerunners and the purpose of the Halo rings

Soldato
SEE FIRST POST:

i dont want to play the first game because of the horrible graphics.

The graphics aren't horrible. Halo 1 & 2 are still good games to this day.

If you want to know the story then play them.. or read the books.. or look up wiki.. or I don't know, watch the cut scenes on youtube.

Associate
Read the books if you don't want to play the first game through, it'll tell you all you need to know.
Personally I've only played 2+3 and I dont feel like there is anything that I couldn't have worked out, except maybe the basic understanding of the forerunners and the purpose of the Halo rings

Which you could find out easily enough online via Google surely.

Stu

Soldato
I started playing through Halo 3 without finishing Halo 2. I didnt think much of it because I didnt know the events of 2 (I had completed one). If you play through 3 alone then of course you wont undersand the story line or the build up to the final game in the trilogy - if you cant be bothered to play through them then google or wiki the story line at least.

I played 2 on pc and then weny back to 3 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Associate
you to play through halo 1 and 2???? was wondering this because i really want to play halo 3 however, i cant be bothered to play halo 1 (which i have) and halo 2 because of their godly graphics :p.

regards
Nabil

The Halo series is my favourite gaming franchise of all time and i love Halo 2 and 3 as much as anyone, however i cant believe
you say you cant be bothered to play Halo 1, as its the best game in the series without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom