Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut (with motion controls)

Soldato
Wii owners getting some love with the newly announced Resi 5 Directors Cut.

28ivjvd.jpg

Only kidding. The director's cut is coming out on the PS3 with adding motion control support. Kinda lame the vanilla version won't be patched with motion controls. I just hope they only use the motion controls for the aiming and there isn't any waggle in there. The aiming on Resi 4 for the Wii was spot on.

This also looks like motion controls are here to stay and will be used in every big title game.

GiantBomb said:
Resident Evil 5 will also have motion controller support, but this won't be a patch. Instead, it'll be a whole new release known as Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut. Capcom's Jun Takeuchi was on stage to debut the new version of the game, and those on-hand seem to universally describe it as similar to the Wii release of Resident Evil 4.

A voice actress from Resident Evil 5 recently made comment about going back in to record new dialogue for an RE5 update, so it seems safe to assume that there will be more to this update than control changes.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-motion-controls-coming-to-resident-evil-5-littlebigplanet/1699/

Caporegime
Bah.

Starting to lose all interest in Capcom. They really are dropping in my estimations.

I hate to think what DLC they will insist on for Dead Rising 2.

Soldato
Its wand in one hand DS3 in the other, thats what I've read just now. They showed it off like that apparently.

Nabbed from elsewhere:
1:59
It's cursor-controlled.
1:59
The player is using the Dual Shock with one hand, and controlling motion with the wand.
2:00
So he's shooting with triggers, and doing movements and looking with the motion sensor.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh dear, oh dear. They should just bundle two controllers together as a package. Each one supposedly has a trigger on. How uncomfortable is it going to be to hold the DS3 and the wand. Don't botch this up, Sony. I'm fed up of your "public hardware betas".

Soldato
OP
Its wand in one hand DS3 in the other, thats what I've read just now. They showed it off like that apparently.

Nabbed from elsewhere:

This has to be a joke. I'd rather use my feet to control the DS3 then use one hand.

Wow.

EDIT: Just tested out the DS3 by holding it one hand and the wii mote in the other. It actually doesn't feel that bad. It could work.

Soldato
I've got this game, and I played if for 10 mins and turned it off....

I just couldn't get to grips with it... I'll give it another crack sometime as I've heard good reports about the game..

Which, Killzone 2 saw me finally use the motion sensor in my DS3 pad for the first time last night... Kinda weird and cool at the same time.

Ermn should say - got the first release of this game on Ps3.

Oh and as for holding a DS3 with one hand.. Erm ok.!! lol

Last edited:

Edz

Edz

Soldato
EDIT: Just tested out the DS3 by holding it one hand and the wii mote in the other. It actually doesn't feel that bad. It could work.

Yep just tried it myself except I haven't got a wii anymore so held a paint brush in the other hand and would agree as long as you don't need access to the face buttons and right stick it actually feels similar to the nunchuck.

Soldato
Tried it earlier doesnt seem to bad at all, not perfect though, wouldnt want to use the buttons on the DS3 much though. I expect that this is an interim solution and a cheaper one at that, It wouldnt be that difficult for Sony to release a half a DS3 say shaped a bit like a nunchuck with only one stick to make it easier to use. This would cost extra, but less than a DS3 i would hope, but would make it more comfortable to use, you could still use a DS3 if you dont want to buy a Dualchuck 3.
Im pretty sure going back to the PS1 days, Dino crisis could be controlled using the DS and the guncon to aim with, never tried it though just recall it being mentioned.

Soldato
I don't see why they don't just whack a joystick on the wand itself, makes sense to me.

Because it wouldnt work, imagine if you are trying to point in a direction then say move the joystick on the mote another way, im pretty sure it would be very difficult to use.
One other thing is that Sony demoed using 2 motes as a control system, this is Capcoms way of a implementing it not sure if its going to be the way its used in all games.

Soldato
Because it wouldnt work

We'll have to agree to disagree then i'm afraid, i can see moving the joystick while aiming being pretty easy tbh. Either way you'd only need to use the joystick on one of the wands in this case, therefore the aiming one wouldn't need to be the one for joystick use. Imagine for example using the left handed one as a movement joystick, but if an enemy got close you could then swipe it to attack with your knife. That way you'd then be looking at bundles of two wands, so motion games that don't require precise aiming could be played in two player with only the need for the two wands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom