PSP Go isn't look that great so far

Associate
I was all set to buy a PSP go then I saw that it only uses 11b standard wifi! Why is there no 54g support? I had this reserved at ##### on reserve & collect. I will be using the wifi a lot and 11b is just not good enough in my opinion.

Soldato
The only reason I can see for getting one is as a portable media player, and if you're doing that then you may as well spend that money on a decent Archos. For gamers I just can't see the appeal over the 3000.

Soldato
i'll say - wireless B on a download-only system is pathetic.

This really.

Can't believe they didn't bundle the much more standard G. Hardly costs much if any more does it?

Never really saw the appeal in the Go and still can't quite understand why they made it. The fact that since its completely download only of the PSN Store means that Sony can charge whatever they want. Bit **** really.

Also, "There is still no background downloading..." What? That is actually just stupid. Something that is focused on downloading and you actually have to sit there and watch the progress bar. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to watch a movie or something.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Never really saw the appeal in the Go and still can't quite understand why they made it.

Hoping for people to buy them due to new toy syndrome, it worked with the PS3 slim with some on here.

Although to be fair, the slim isn't as pointless as the Go.

Associate
It's pretty awesome actually, if you like gadgety goodness. Reviewers will slam it because it's fashionable to do so. Everyone mocked the PS3 at launch too. This wont be successful, but it is good fun.

Associate
A guy I know bought one and he said it took hours to get it set up, I love tinkering and setting something up when I first get it but there is a limit
For me it took about 20 mins to setup (whilst at work) tethered to my bluetooth phone and downloaded Wipeout Pulse. Probably took another 30 mins to sort out the free games - connecting old PSP to store and doing a firmware update on it.

Back
Top Bottom