Dead Space - woh ho!

Associate
Yeah, I'm a year late on picking up this game but I just needed to post here - what a game! I'm not a fan of survival horror but it's definitely made a mark after just one hour of game-play.

I've seen that I can get it for the PC for ~£12, and I've been getting bored of Fallout + its expansions (75 hours in) but realised that we had a copy for PS3 in our games library at work. So I'm playing it on my PS3 at work at lunch today with a few bods around my desk watching me (my headphones are on) and I'm in an open-plan office. After the first monster that plays dead comes alive in front of me and I flail around trying to kill it I end up yelling "stamp on that ******!" across the office...not good!
I'm now playing on my PS3 at home, yet I just have to turn if off as I keep yelling "**** me!" at the screen, waking up my house-mates!

If you've not yet picked this up, it's well worth a go. They've got the atmosphere sorted to a T. Within a matter of minutes of starting the game you're on the edge of your seat! The musical score in the background will really set your nerves on edge.
Not bad for £12 (or free in my case).

Caporegime
I started playing, couldnt get into it though and I don't know why.

I think the crap melee system didnt help either

Soldato
Who botheres to melee in Dead Space!!!

*BANG* One leg gone *BANG* Second leg gone... *STAMP* Dead...

Obviously never played it on hard! Ammo is very scarce, I remember at some points going through a entire level with 5 rounds and thats it!

Mind you, first time I played it I played it with nothing more than the hand line gun thingy (first gun you get) to get the achievement :)

ags

Soldato
I saved ammo by throwing exploding containers it's great fun seeing monsters lose all their limbs at once. :D I thought the story was great but it takes a while to understand what's truly going on.

I think the Hive mind is actually helping Izzac to return the Marker. I think that's why you keep hearing the phrase make us whole again. At first I thought it was Izzac's wife meaning them both being reunited but then you hear a zombie say it on chapter 4. Makes us whole again as in the Hive mind and the marker well that's what I think anyway.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Obviously never played it on hard! Ammo is very scarce, I remember at some points going through a entire level with 5 rounds and thats it!

Mind you, first time I played it I played it with nothing more than the hand line gun thingy (first gun you get) to get the achievement :)

ags

Got about half way through on Impossible then stopped to play other stuff as it was like my 3rd run through ;)

I did the hand gun achievement first play through as well, tbh though its my fave gun in the game it isn't hard to do, it just works so well, especially once its fully pimped out :D

As for ammo, just shoot one leg off then stamp all over them until they are dead, or as others have said throw explody cans at them for muchos fun!

TBH the most annoying enemy in the game for me were those things on the walls that spit out those shooting things, and you have to cut the tentacles off to kill them, sooooo annoying if you don't have an explody can around.

Oh and those annoying swarms of little spiderthings, rage! :mad:

Soldato
Aye, I tried on hard, gave up pretty early as it was my 4th play through after continuing my first play throguh via the round's :)

The plasma cutter is awsome when pimped out, so much fun :D

The most annoying enemy for me was those wall things with the tentacles, the bodies stuck in that tissue sort of stuff. You on about the babies with 3 tentacles? they are annoying!

The soilders as well, the fast ones, jesus they got my heart racing lol.

never really used the cans, never thought about it!

ags

Caporegime
It's an awesome game, and yeah, those bodies that are stuck into the walls with that gooey tissue stuff around them are by far the most annoying enemy for me. Especially on hard. The stupid tentacle pod things that they spit out are so annoying and near the end of the game there's that part where there's two of them next to each other simultaneously shooting out those stupid tentacle pods. If you go too close they 1 hit kill you, if you stay far back then the tentacles launch those missiles at you... So annoying.

Oh and the Stasis Soldiers, really annoying how they move so incredibly quickly, they were also the most freaky enemy in the game for me, just the way they walk and run all out of sync, just looks really weird!

* Shudders* :D

Associate
OP
Ha, sorry about the delay :)
I haven't been able to play for a couple of days as I've been at my g/f's house :( In fact she's gonna be round tonight so I'm gonna have to play whilst she's asleep! I've been watching that animated film, Dead Space Downfall - it's very good! I'm looking forward to get back into the game.

Btw I'm a games programmer (well I actually write low-level tech, not the games) hence the work PS3 and the games library!

Back
Top Bottom