Stuff you know that others wouldn't know because of your job.

Man of Honour
Both are dirty "MDMA replacements", the first being legal, both being probably more dangerous than MDMA itself.

Now tell me why 4-methylmethcathinone is legal and 4-methoxymethylamphetamine is Class A? I mean in the sense of how they appear in the Misuse of Drugs Act. Not the reason why they might be there.

M

Soldato
Most petrol stations pump air into your cars tank when they run out of fuel, the counter still goes round too. Unlucky if it's you as you are paying for air.

Soldato
That in 1983 the average passenger car sold in the UK had 80 hp, today it has 120hp, and that that is an almost linear trend.

All thanks to 5000 Terabytes of automotivey data :D

Down to more safety features = heavier cars so need more power to compensate, right?

give that man a PhD!

Associate
Now tell me why 4-methylmethcathinone is legal and 4-methoxymethylamphetamine is Class A? I mean in the sense of how they appear in the Misuse of Drugs Act. Not the reason why they might be there.

M
Because methamphetamine derivatives are covered by the catch-all clause whereas cathinone derivatives aren't? I don't know to be honest, I'm more interested in ending the War on Drugs rather than the details/excuses they use to perpetuate it ;)

edit - now I'm not so sure, I think I may be getting confused with the American analog laws. I know that there's nothing open to interpretation in UK law, it's either illegal or it's not. Is it because all hypothetical ring structures are either illegal or not? I dunno, I'm not a lawyer nor a chemist.

Last edited:
Soldato
Down to more safety features = heavier cars so need more power to compensate, right?
Hehe close. Safety is a big part of it, but it's a number of contributing factors. People want AC, electric seats, sound insulation, airbags, 12 audio speakers.. makes the car heavier, so you need a bigger engine, heavier brakes, stronger suspension... which makes the car heavier, so you need a big.. and so on :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
that webex stuff is pretty bad!
some companies at least have theirs private..

bmw have some interesting conversations :p

Soldato
I know a lot about underground utilities and how to trace them safely.

Also that a lot of contractors ignore the minimum cover rules, particularly for electrical cabling!

Soldato
Most payment cards (credit / debit / prepaid) are not run by the company mentioned on the card. This includes many banks, who do not run their own cards.

They are in fact processed by one of two companies that most people have never heard of.

Soldato
Isn't that transax and someone else whose name eludes me? But transax is the main one because I'm always having to call them up whenever they decide I need an authorisation code for a transaction :p

Also if you call up a mobile company for an upgrade you'll usually get about £70 to £170 worth of handset discount more than if you went in store.

Soldato
Isn't that transax and someone else whose name eludes me? But transax is the main one because I'm always having to call them up whenever they decide I need an authorisation code for a transaction :p

Also if you call up a mobile company for an upgrade you'll usually get about £70 to £170 worth of handset discount more than if you went in store.

Even Transax don't even process their own cards, they are a part of RBSG. RBSG don't process their own cards either. One of these two companies do the RBSG portfolio.

Along with many other household names.

Even if you phone up a call center and you think its your bank you are phoning up you are in fact speaking to employess of one of these virtually unheard of companies.

Back
Top Bottom