• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Caporegime
It always fails to amaze me that so many people can't quite grasp that inbetween driver sets they don't have enough time to test every single last possible combination of hardware and software and that most drivers work for most people most of the time.

They identify and work on bug fixes and major ones are fairly quickly identified and fixed, yes it would be truly lovely if every driver set offered a 10% performance boost and were tested on every single possible game, setup and setting available, here in the real world they are doing a very good job. Even Nvidia are doing a pretty good job, both have issues and bugs, the only time that won't happen is if we all go and live in cloud cuckoo land.

Associate
Is the hotfix better? I only ask as the page is dated the 16th and the installer is dated the 15th, yet the officials are 17th. confused now.

Soldato
I suspect the Hotfix driver has been made available due to perhaps big bugs that weren't spotted before the 9.12's went WHQL and with probably not having enough time for MS to WHQL them instead ATi release them without the WHQL I believe and at least this way the fixes are available quickly.

Seems good to me

Associate
Well, I got my 5770 in the mail today and whacked it in my new build. Popped the XFX disk in and it said theres newer software available online - downloaded and installed 9.12 and this thing is flying.
My first happy experience with ATi, glad I gave them another chance.

Soldato
Well, I got my 5770 in the mail today and whacked it in my new build. Popped the XFX disk in and it said theres newer software available online - downloaded and installed 9.12 and this thing is flying.
My first happy experience with ATi, glad I gave them another chance.

Even going from a GX2?

Soldato
Well these hotfix 9.12 are the first driver to work since the Beta 5 hemlock drivers that came with the 5970s.

Vantage GPU score at stock clocks is upto 35k from 30k and I now have CF working in Dirt 2!

Need to sleep now but will try other things tomorrow!

Just happy my cards now work after 2 weeks of having them!

Back
Top Bottom