British man to be exectuted by Chinese

Soldato
also

Executed British drug trafficker Akmal Shaikh was investigated by British and Polish spy chiefs after a chilling text message sent following London's 7/7 bombings, it emerged today (Tues). Shaikh - at the time living in Poland - triggered the investigation in 2005 when electronic eavesdroppers intercepted a text from a phone registered to him saying: "Now everybody will understand who Muslims are and what jihad is." The message was sent from Shaikh's phone to two people in London, reports Polish TV news service TVN24. And Polish prosecutors today (Tuesday) confirmed the investigation into Shaikh, 53, who was executed by Chinese authorities this morning after he was caught smuggling four kilograms of heroin into the country. Poland's equivalent of MI5 investigated Shaikh, who lived in Lublin where he was married with two Polish children. But District Prosecutor spokeswoman Beata Jankowska today (Tuesday) said they finally dropped the five month long investigation by the Internal Security Agency. "In December 2005, proceedings were discontinued in the absence of sufficient evidence," she said. But less than a year later, Shaikh was in trouble with the law again, it emerged today (Tuesday) when he was investigated for assaulting his Polish wife. She complained to police of him using threatening behaviour to both her and their two children but withdrew her statement in 2006 before the case could come to court, it was reported. Polish authorities suspected she had been intimidated but Shaikh left for China soon after the case was shelved. This morning (Tuesday) - despite protests from the British Government - Shaikh was executed in China for drug smuggling.

now i dont support this guy or care about him really as my posts have shown but that is just dumb.
so he was investigated for terrorism because he sent a text msg that showed he didnt really care for the deaths in the uk.

surely if he was any part of it the text messages would have came before the bombing.

so if i send a text msg saying that i dont care for the 911 attacks after what they do in the middle east i'll be under investigation for terrorism?

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
As somebody that has done wrong in my PAST I am sickened by people who do crime & then whinge about the punishment.
**** him !!!
4k of smac is a Lot of smac & if he is that Mental to be talked into carrying it I would have shot him myself.
I think the Chinese were pretty damn cool about killing him as they only told him the day before so no long nightmare of a wait like the Septics.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
You got to agree it stops them re-offending. Job done ;)
wnt stop sum1 else doin it n u cnt kill all of em.
It hasn't achieved anything, but its THEIR law....

It's not like this was aimed at a "british" person it could have been anyone from anywhere in the world. But the outcome would have been the same.

Person with lots of drugs goes to China, China find out, person is tried by Chinese law, that law is exection.

Why should he be an exception to their law in their country just because he is British ?
nt sayin jus him this law is stupid.
By the same token why will killing murderers and rapists prevent murders and rapes occurring?

it prevents re-offending, it acts as a deterrent. Drugs are extremely destructive and the quantity he was carrying could have done a lot of damage.
wel kilin ppl who kil and rape gives justice 2 families of victims this gives no1 justice. u cnt stop drug trade or kill all dealers. this wnt stop drug trade.

Man of Honour

wel kilin ppl who kil and rape gives justice 2 families of victims this gives no1 justice. u cnt stop drug trade or kill all dealers. this wnt stop drug trade.

I hope to god you are kidding. :(

Associate
mental illness or not is not important. the question is did he had capacity when he accepted to be heroin mule. mental illness does not automatically mean you lack capacity, but it can fluctuate. most time bipolar disorder patients have retained capacity and can be hold responsible for there action. a mental state evaluation while in trial would have stopped all this non sense about killing ''patient with mental illness''

Soldato

You can't kill all the murderers and rapists.

It's not the only stupid thing around here.

What about families destroyed by drug abuse? What about families who have to see their child grow up addicted to a substance which is slowly causing them to lose their mind? What about families who've lost people to drug abuse?

you cant stop murders or kill all murderers but you seem to think we should be trying :rolleyes:

Soldato

It may not be proven to be a 100% deterrent but it sure as hell stops him reoffending. That's one less of them, and that is a start.

So you'd suggest what? Sit 'em down over a nice cup of tea and maybe a couple of rich tea biscuits and ask them nicely to stop? Or do we ahem... "educate" them as to the error of their ways and hope they suddenly turn into nice people? Hell man, why do people like you think that there should be no punishment in response to crime? Maybe the odd cynic may see a direct correlation between these views and the horrible bastardisation of a once civilised society in this country. :mad:

Are you related to Vicky Pollard? Or do you just not possess a T9 on your phone? :p

Soldato

Translation:

Won't stop someone else doing it and you can't kill all of them.

Not saying just him, this law is stupid.

Well killing people who kill and rape gives justice to the families of victims. This gives no one justice. You can't stop the drug trade and kill all dealers. This won't stop the drug trade.

Now if I can type it out properly, why can't you? This is a forum, not a mobile phone...

Associate
Capital punishment has not been shown to act as a deterrent, if it was truly as black and white as some of you would like to pretend, then one could assume that if all crimes were capital there would be no crime.

Just look at homicide rates, a crime which in many countries is still capital, and compare them to ours.The UK, a country which hasn't had the death penalty (in a de facto sense) since 1960's, has a lower rate than the utopian China as well as US, Pakistan and many others where laws are more draconian than over here. Punishments should restorative to society, killing somebody satisfies nothing except for, perhaps, a familiy's blood lust.

As for the supposed breakdown of civilised society in this country - get over it! There have always been problems with society they may change and evolve as time goes by they haven't suddenly happened since 1997 - despite the Daily Mail's insistence otherwise.

Why should he be an exception to their law in their country just because he is British ?
There shoudln't be. However, as a country that is officially opposed to death penalty we have a duty to speak out against it's use. Especially if there are doubts about the evidence, trial or mental state of the accused.

Last edited:

tbs

tbs

Associate
Brown is only vocal cause no one listens to him in a normal every day speech hence this is why he so against this and has spoken out. ha

Soldato
I hope no-one ever moans about Saudi women not being able to drive ever again because "it's their law and they should uphold it". :rolleyes:

Maybe our own Labour Government should put a load more stupid laws in place that we should have no right to protest against...

Soldato
ur the **** if u read my otha post ud c dat im typin from a mobile fone. ***. rdm stik 2 da topic u troll. as 4 da rest il reply wen im home

Yet you can still manage to quote multiple people and reply in a single post?

No excuse for such butchery of the Kings English!

Back
Top Bottom