*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
After all my apps finsihed syncing last night, none of the non-apple apps would work. They opened and immediatley crashed. After a few mins they work fine.

The only iOs4 compatible app I ahve so far is dropbox which seems to support multitasking perfectly so far.

I also had to restore my phone to factory state then restore from backup. Wouldn;t let me just upgrade it

:( was going to use that to watch the England match at work on friday aswel

Yes, also crashes here upon loading

Last edited:
Soldato
Just been talking to o2. They couldn't tell me if they're going to offer PAYG Micro Sims, only Simplicity for iPhone, which starts at £20 per month if I don't want to be tied down for 12 months.

Yet they sent an email out yesterday with a link to their tariffs and in the PAYG section it doesn't mention Simplicity for Iphone but does say "Text and Web for iPhone: Top up £10-£14. Get 300 texts and 500MB internet"

So I have no idea what's going on now. :(

Soldato
Why have so many people upgraded to iOs4 before it's released to the public?

To be honest I'm not surprised you are all having problems, that's why it's not released to the public yet.....

Associate
Oooo O2 have revised they Data usage for the plans.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html

34135101.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't notice we got unlimited wi-fi! That must be a new feature - as if I remember correctly, you had to pay for an extra bolt-on for that...

Soldato
Why have so many people upgraded to iOs4 before it's released to the public?

To be honest I'm not surprised you are all having problems, that's why it's not released to the public yet.....

It's the final version that will be released to the public on the 21st. It's working perfectly for me. Any issues will in theory be down to individual apps or install errors.

Soldato
Because, as you are finding, the applications have not been updated yet because the release isn't public. I'm sure come public release the apps will be updated, or atleast very soon after.

Back
Top Bottom