Commissario
OP
o2 have spoken.

o2-20100607-205616.png

That link goes to here.

Commissario
OP
So I have a bit of a dilemma.

I've got an iPhone 3GS which has had a legitimate iPhone OS 4 beta on it but I reverted it back to 3.1.3. It works perfectly unless I try and do a restore in which case I have to use libusb and a terminal tweak to make it work.

I've requested an envelope from o2 for the recycle buy back but do I run this restore procedure again and send it back with a clean 3.1.3 which will error if anyone tries to restore it again or should I install the iOS4 GM build (again, legitimately) before I sell it to them?

I'm planning on doing this in the next week or so before iOS4 is officially released to the masses.

Commissario
OP
I'm quite surprised, I've seen a lot of people saying that they've had problems on the Apple site this afternoon. I popped on there just before 13:00, preordered a 16Gb and I received the confirmation email within fifteen minutes.

I wonder if any will turn up a day early as the iPad did for some people, that'd be a nice bonus.

Commissario
OP
A 16Gb will be more than enough for me, I don't carry that much media around on my iPhone. I was surprised though as I was expecting the capacity to double and the prices to remain around the same.

Commissario
OP
I went into my local o2 shop, picked up a micro SIM, came home and did the swappy thing online. It all comes so that it can be first snapped out into a current SIM package so that it works in the junk phone I currently have and will just need to pop it out again and into the iPhone on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom