*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Those with ios4, I've been testing multitasking and I remember steve's demo where the game pauses and restarts. Angry birds does not do this, it exits completely, so I take it that it's not supported on all apps?

Soldato
Those with ios4, I've been testing multitasking and I remember steve's demo where the game pauses and restarts. Angry birds does not do this, it exits completely, so I take it that it's not supported on all apps?

Its funny that programs like backgrounder can do this on the current generation without any problems, yet programs have to support it in iOS 4 !

Soldato
Grrr, can't sell my 3GS 32gb. Now down to £325 and I still can't shift it. No way am I losing more money sending to a recycling scheme, it's in mint condition!

Mine's mint (well so it should be given it's a warranty replacement I've only had a week!) and has AppleCare until June 2011 and the O2 unlock, I haven't bothered selling it yet but once I've got an iPhone 4 in my hand I'm just gonna stick it up for a quick sale at £300. CBA with eBay these days!

Associate

The problem is that the app needs to tell the device that it supports multitasking and then support the different changestates that are fired at it. Not many apps will support this from the get-go and will need updates to support the feature.

It's not a hard thing to implement in any form of the imagination, but it's gonna take a while for everyone to update their apps and get them through the approval process as im sure apple are getting pounded at the moment.

The way backgrounder works is to tell the app that it's going into sleep mode which is a changestate thats already included in most apps, thats why it appears that backgrounder supports it and the new multitasking doesn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom