Your most favourite game EVER

Associate
Would have to be Dark Age of Camelot :o Typically I'd reply thinking this applied to singleplayer games only, where I'd probably vote for something like FF7 or Goldeneye from PSX/N64, but DAoC's a game I've played for a long time, over 10 years I think? Can't remember the release date but I played since pretty early on european beta & still play now :p

Soldato
PC: Half Life 2

Console: Metal Gear Solid1

But I still rate MGS1 as the best game for me. It was amazing experience and the first proper 3D action adventure game I ever played.

Snake: 'I was the favourite huh.'

Liquid: 'That's right! I am just the leftovers of what theyused to make you. Can you understand what it's like to know that you are garbage since the day you were born!? But I am the one father chose.'

The best conversation between two bad asses. Bring back so much memory. I miss the original atmosphere introduced in mgs1 :(

Associate
Oh yeah, how could I not have mentioned that :p Zelda OoT would be #1 for me for a singleplayer game (console or otherwise), no kidding I completed it ~30 times and atleast 5 runs through master quest edition.

Soldato
starcraft..! and now starcraft II..!
I've been a gamer for 25+ years and the only thing I can see about that game is that it is the first game for a good few years that people can say it's PC exclusive. To offset this, I'm an avid Steam gamer and I've just upgraded my graphics card. I'm not saying that it's a bad game but 'best game ever'?

Associate
Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation for me.

At the time the graphics, gameplay and story were amazing and the best I'd ever experienced. The plot is probably the best or one of the best I've had the pleasure of playing through, so much so that I played it through so many times just to get the different endings and unlockable items. I remember the invisible exoskeleton and red bandana, good times.

I would love to play this again someday. Is it on or coming to PSN? (my current console is a 360 and I have limited knowledge of the PS3)

Soldato
It can only be FF7,

I had only ever played games like sonic and other crappy platformers before it, It was the one game that showed me just how immersive games can be, I was 11 at the time and my parents bought it me in a bundle with a PSX and crash bandicoot 1.

At the time my parents had no idea it needed a memory card so never bought me one and I managed to get to disk 2 without switching the power off, I left it on over night and then the electricity went off for a bit, I was so annoyed, the day after my dad took me to town to get a memory card and I loved playing through the parts that I had only just finished a day or 2 before.

I completed it about a year later (I got stuck on the materia keeper and demon wall for weeks) and have played through it 10+ times since, have killed every side boss (including all weapons) and still own the original black disk PS1 version of the game today.

I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for this game I wouldn't be the computer geek I am today

Soldato
Ah this is in the console section isn't it. Whoops.

Well in that case Colin Mcrae 2. That game just did not get old and your ghosts could be saved so your house mates could try to beat your best laps. Such a good game.

Associate
Honestly i think modern warfare 2, when i'm playing good love it and when i'm playing bad i still really enjoy it and i still try to play. a lot of games if i play bad i just seem to quite them and leave them for a while.

Back
Top Bottom