which is the best Touchscreen Phone right now?

AMG

AMG

Soldato
Spawn does have a point apples OS is a lot easier to use, andoird you sort of have to sort it out first and "make it yours". Althrogh apple products inc iphone is dependent on you connecting it to a PC first with itunes, android you don't its self reliet from go.

apple do hold the app crown as well.

I m a android user, but there is a OSX3 in the house (ipod) which I would mess around on, with games etc if I can get hold of the thing for long enough.

Soldato
Haha really??...i dont think since owning the iphone4 from Aug its made me a simple Jack as you put it...i know its disadv's and adv's compared to other phones.

Come back when you have something worthwhile to say;).

It was a reference to the tropic thunder character, not a slant on your intelligence :p (anyone who's seen the film and knows someone who's just got an iPhone will know what I mean :))

Caporegime
Spawn does have a point apples OS is a lot easier to use, andoird you sort of have to sort it out first and "make it yours". Althrogh apple products inc iphone is dependent on you connecting it to a PC first with itunes, android you don't its self reliet from go.

apple do hold the app crown as well.

I m a android user, but there is a OSX3 in the house (ipod) which I would mess around on, with games etc if I can get hold of the thing for long enough.

True but its not exactly rocket science to connect the iphone to your computer and get it activated so thats really a non issue to be quite fair...how anyone can use that to slate the iphone is beyond me:p

Soldato
Just wondering what people find so hard about android? It has a setup when you first turn on the phone, then that's it sorted.

With iPhone simple tasks like photo management are harder and more of a pita than android. Say you download a load of images off the web, on android you create the album and move them into the right albums.

iPhone you cannot do that, you have to wait in till you are at a pc to do this.

So android is a much easier/reliant phone.

Soldato
Can't say that in two and a half years of using an iPhone is has ever been a problem...

Same for me, I thought it would be when I first got my 3G a couple of years ago.

I use my iPad loads and again, I haven't once wished for flash.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Soldato
A lot of movie and PC Game websites are entirely flash-based...what do you do then?

Well if I came across them (which I haven't), I wouldn't be able to see the flash content? :confused::p

If I REALLY had to see something (which I haven't) I'd hop on one of the many PCs / Laptops I generally have around me.

Flash isn't all that. You'll also notice a lot of sites moving away from it, or at least providing an app for iOS.

*awaits a list of big sites that don't*

Like I said, different strokes for different strokes. If you rely on a lot of flash sites iOS isn't for you (if you must view them on the iPad/iPhone).

For a lot of users it simply isn't an issue. I don't see the need to bang on about it :)

This is worth a read, sure it's from Apple and sure it'll be slated, but even the strongest apple haters can't deny there are some good points (unless they simply don't have the technical knowledge).

Soldato
As much as I appreciate all the other waffle, that's the answer I wanted. Thanks.

It's the only answer possible and pretty obvious?

As for the "waffle", I was trying to add some context and actual reasoning behind why it doesn't effect me personally.

If you think you've made a great point, you haven't :)

Soldato
Why all the sudden hate against flash? It's just browser a plugin you can turn off.
On multitouch slates it really improves some websites (such as bbc news and other media sites) but adds little if the site has been designed for a mouse and keyboard (games, flash only sites etc)

All the latest iOS devices can easily run the good stuff, surely you'd like the option to view it?

Soldato
Why all the sudden hate against flash? It's just browser a plugin you can turn off.

It's not a sudden hate. Flash been bloated and poorly optimised for years. Why would you want to run something flash based on phone and get a third of the battery life than if something was coded properly?

I use an iPhone and I've not missed flash once...

Man of Honour
People are always wowed by my Desire when I give them a demo of "my" phone. I show them the potential of Android on a top end device and they always walk away impressed.

Nobody has complained that anything I show them looks complicated to set up, I guess it's my way of explaining things in person though...

I do not show them HTC Sense, I show them Android from a stock OS style point of view with customisations thrown in.

Associate
It's not a sudden hate. Flash been bloated and poorly optimised for years. Why would you want to run something flash based on phone and get a third of the battery life than if something was coded properly?

I use an iPhone and I've not missed flash once...

Well tbh I think its great, you get to view true content quality direct from bbc Iplayer and youtube in HD, pages load fast and without it I would be disappointed. Ive only had my Desire a few weeks and the leap from using apps to view iplayer to getting 10.1 flash and viewing its full glory was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom