Raymond Lin's Wedding Thread of 2010

Caporegime
OP
This was a really fun wedding, lots of little things to photograph so I will start with those first.

Carrie-Anne & Mark

IMG_8220.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

IMG_8346.jpg

IMG_8704.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

Soldato
there all just amazing, i'm going to recommend you to any person needing a wedding photographer

what's the best way of them contacting you? through your site?

Soldato
Yup, its a shame I've not seen Raymond's work a few years back. I would have recommended him without hesitation; had quite a few weddings and most people I know are married now.

Caporegime
OP
I don't have plans to fix that green, or can do much about it. it is what it is and i don't have B sides as such, the photos either make the cut or they don't. I think that one does, despite the green light, i did look at it in black and white but it doesn't have the same impact. Its a fun photo so the green isn't THAT important, at least its not on a photo of the B&G and on the Bride's face lol

Thanks wedge, I'm so far behind its unreal though! Just only finished Becky and nicks and uploaded theirs on my site, Sofia and David's next and i am going to have to put carrie's on hold now too. I only did these as i cant help myself after a shoot!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got to admit Raymond everytime I delve into the photography section I always find myself amazed by your work. The way you capture the moments it simply stunning.

Keep up the good work and I know if I ever get married you will definately be on my list for a photographer. :)

Caporegime
OP
Just a side question Raymond, what is your fav lens and why?

Erm.

It was the 24-70L, because it just does everything, I can practically shoot an entire wedding in that.

But my favourite lens is the 35/1.4 L. Because of the focal length at 35mm is just so nice on FF. Take 2 steps back and you can get a wide shot. Step forward a bit you can get a half portrait. It does full portrait nicely. It has STUPID close focusing distance. 1.4 really isolate a subject like nothing else. You can pick out someone in a crowd at THAT focal length.

Back to Sofia & David's

IMG_7021.jpg

IMG_7025.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7068.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7683.jpg

IMG_7842.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

Soldato
the 24 - 70 is an awesome lens on its own. Its portrait, its got the speed but what else for those typical shots?

I.e. Low light (first dance)
back of church
Group shots
etc.

Your a moment capturer, what about those posed group shots. How do they look? Got any samples?

Caporegime
OP
I do admit my group shots can be better, a lot better. But It is difficult to organise 50+ people in 5mins. In terms of the wedding party of B&G + Groomsman and Bridesmaid shots, I'd love to take them away from the main group for 15 mins and shoot some arty ones I do with the B&G but I have yet have time to fit that in. If i had a choice, I would prefer not do them at all but they are a necessity of weddings so I like to keep them to a minimum and as short as possible.

IMG_1389.jpg

Wedding photography really is difficult. The more i do, the more i realise how hard it is.

You are a Portrait Photographer.
You are a Documentary Photographer.
You are a Product Photographer.
You are a Food Photographer.
You are an Architecture Photographer.
You are a Landscape Photographer.
You are a event organiser.
You are a Therapist to the Bride for the day.
You are even a comedian to some guests.

It is more than turning up with a camera and take pictures.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wedding photography really is difficult. The more i do, the more i realise how hard it is.

You are a Portrait Photographer.
You are a Documentary Photographer.
You are a Product Photographer.
You are a Food Photographer.
You are an Architecture Photographer.
You are a Landscape Photographer.
You are a event organiser.
You are a Therapist to the Bride for the day.
You are even a comedian to some guests.

It is more than turning up with a camera and take pictures.

I couldn't agree more.
And add 'Ushering' into the list when the Groom don't have a pair of competent guys to help. Seriously, herding a flock of 50 odd sheep is hard, try 50 guest eager to use the toilet, have a drink, look after a baby or just plain inconsiderate for a group shot requested by the bride.

Soldato
Yep, there are some weddings where the best man does have some common sense and will help the photographers out. Being the wedding photographer is similar to being a project manager. You need to know what to do exactly and how to do it. All Weddings aren't identical but the more you do them, the more confident you have to knowing how to execute it and deliver the end results.

Back
Top Bottom