Raymond Lin's Wedding Thread of 2010

Caporegime

This is why I keep saying you should sort yourself out a poxy assistant! :p

Seriously, having been an assitant several times now I really do find it hard to imagine a Wedding tog doing the whole day solely on his own.

When I work with Mark the benefits it adds (in his eyes)

A) The wedding is covered by 2 different angles and gives far more coverage overall
B) The assistant could very well get the shot that you miss & vice versa
C) The assistant can organise the group shots whilst you compose the shots, this is a MASSIVE plus especially on the big group shot
D) Even if its something simple as asking them to change a lens whilst you setup the couple for a formal, it's all something less you have to do.

I shot a wedding a week ago today and it was the first one where I was the main photographer, and Scary Squirrel was my assisting :) - He did a fantastic job, and was able to capture LOTS I wasn't able to as I was with the bride when she was getting ready etc. Overall it's added fantastic amounts to what will be the final product. I honestly wouldn't do a Wedding without one.

(Thanks again btw Nick!)

Caporegime
OP
Is shot 104 inspired by Cliff Mautner by any chance? ;)

I would say yes but I have not heard of his name until now.

I have seen shots like it before in passing though by others.

I could have done with an assistant yesterday as the B&G were in the same place so i was going between the 2 of them in the morning, meaning i probably have missed some little things whenever i leave one to go to the other.

jbs

jbs

Associate
Wow, you have some truly amazing pictures in here. I look back at my wedding pictures and just realise how unprofessional our "professional" photographer was. She even came highly regarded by other people.

Great work!

Caporegime
OP
I might take you up on the offer but i don't have another wedding near home for another 9 months!

IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

And (My 5D2)
IMG_0479.jpg

Last edited:
can we have a comparison of one or 2 shots pre and post production? just so i dont want to hoy my camera in the bin everytime my photos arent as nice as yours straight away.

I don't know why you feel you need to see his before and after to see if your pictures are deemed good enough?

Also I cant see what the big fuss over his processing? There isn't really much going on.

Its quite obvious what processing he's done within the local adjustments plus a few slight added tweaks.
I can't see him taking more than a few mins if that over each picture just tightening the ropes on already well executed photos.

The difference for me is I dont see wonderful processing in his style I see excellent composition and depth of field.

You are seeing elements in the frame that shout out at you and you're maybe feeling something special is going on processing wise. Its just clean, sharp and vibrant and composition oh and great exposure but thats a no brainer.

Take the Photograph of the lady and the camera. Quite a dull scene boasting a duller image in comparison to the rest (No offense to the image)

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know why you feel you need to see his before and after to see if your pictures are deemed good enough?

yeah my post doesnt come accross well. I could never take photos as nice as raymonds, hes a pro and for me its just a hobby. I just wondered what his raw shots look like as you dont always have perfect lighting etc and I wondered how he rescued it through processing.

Back
Top Bottom