Fireskull - Down, but not out.

Associate
Heh good luck with the op, hopefully you'l be fit for the track/racing season in 2011. :cool:

I've been waiting to see you out on a circuit since we went for a couple of ride outs.

Soldato
Thanks guys :D

Definately Dureth, think they will let me do the ACU course in plaster?
I will be getting a new proper bike next year but im 99% sure once ive got this SV sorted I will be starting out again on track asap so maybe march time ;)
To be honest ive been to watch a lot of club racing this year and damn its like 50/50 decent riders lol, some of them would strugle in the top half of novice group track days! they are mobile chicanes lol, so its really got me fired up to give it a go and see how well I could do, some guys are crazy fast though, specially on the 675 daytona's!
Dont think I could afford a season yet but if I get my ACU done and enter as much as I can just to see if ive got what it takes to do a season :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Great news on the op dude - that's both of us under the knife soon then, well, me in December - they're taking the plate and screws out of my wrist, so with any luck, it'll be bye bye to most of the pain and discomfort - I think two years of that is long enough!

Oops, sorry for the thread hyjack :p

Soldato
OP
Heh didn't realise it's been over a year! I sold my bike before moving to New Zealand deciding I had never had a big accident so I would quit while I'm ahead. Now the sun is starting to come out I'm tempted to get back into it again for summer as it starts soon!

NZ drivers are absolutely awful though and the potholes in the roads make the ones back home look like pin pricks! The scenery though in the mountains is awsome so would be a shame to not risk life and limb dodging cars on the wrong side of the road and potholes the size of volcano craters to get a good pic of me with a bike on top of a mountain road! There's even a bike shop in town.... hmmm!

Associate
Big pot holes is just natures way of saying buy a bog trail bike! :D

Fireskull: I might be looking to do a few meetings next year with Bemsee in the Thunderbikes on my Ducati. I've got a large van and awning etc, your more than welcome to share these if you wanted to do the same meetings. The Minitwin class with them is quite competitive too so you'd fit right in! :p

Soldato
Yea get a 125 Trial bike mate :D

That sounds great Dureth I might take you up on that if I can do the meetings, thought my SV has an SRAD front end so I dont think it can race in the minitwins.... so I guess ill have to enter the thunderbikes with you :D or a 675 if I get one... :p

Associate
Yea get a 125 Trial bike mate :D

That sounds great Dureth I might take you up on that if I can do the meetings, thought my SV has an SRAD front end so I dont think it can race in the minitwins.... so I guess ill have to enter the thunderbikes with you :D or a 675 if I get one... :p

You should bring it along to the Thunderbikes, great class for having a laugh and trying things out. Then you make a final descision about what class to carry on with after that.

Plus you get to try and beat me! :D

Associate
The last race of the year for Bemsee is this weekend at Brands and the Thunderbikes are racing. I was going up Saturday morning and camping over to Sunday just to watch if your interested in coming up with me to check out the weekends racing?

Associate
This year it was decided that we needed new windows and a porch on the house so racing had to be postponed for a year. :(

My email is in trust, drop me one with your number and I'll give you a call when I'm at Brands.

Bemsee are also having a rookie event at Brands on Sunday December 12th so if you fancy going along to that I'll be travelling up anyway to check in on everyone and get my forms and eye test done for next year.

From the www.bemsee.net website: "All they need to get started for next season, all the forms, Doctor Rosie & crew doing eye tests, trade stands and loads of advice from Class Reps. All current Members, Marshals & Officials are welcome to come and catch up as it's dark and cold at that time of year! Bar's open, it all runs from 12 to 5ish."

Associate
They will have the license forms there and the mandatory school day in Feb includes the written test for the ACU license. Come along and they will basically sort everything out there and then for you.

I made the mistake of booking on the ACU written exam seperately before realising that the school day included the test. Luckily I could still cancel the one in Rugby and get my money back.

Soldato
Awesome didnt know that, sounds great then, my arm 'should' be fine by then to do the mandatory ride :D
Will Email over my number now mate, forgot!

Pre-Op today, not good though starting to get a cold, hopefully it will be gone by next week :(

Soldato
Thanks guys :D

Definately Dureth, think they will let me do the ACU course in plaster?
I will be getting a new proper bike next year but im 99% sure once ive got this SV sorted I will be starting out again on track asap so maybe march time ;)
To be honest ive been to watch a lot of club racing this year and damn its like 50/50 decent riders lol, some of them would strugle in the top half of novice group track days! they are mobile chicanes lol, so its really got me fired up to give it a go and see how well I could do, some guys are crazy fast though, specially on the 675 daytona's!
Dont think I could afford a season yet but if I get my ACU done and enter as much as I can just to see if ive got what it takes to do a season :p

Soldato
Awesome didnt know that, sounds great then, my arm 'should' be fine by then to do the mandatory ride :D
Will Email over my number now mate, forgot!

Pre-Op today, not good though starting to get a cold, hopefully it will be gone by next week :(

hope you get all sorted and do better than my return to riding....

ACU assessment day fine... ACU test day... day...

EJMRA race day... crashed in timed practice and broke my wrist. was a touch peeved i was 10s off poles pace when looking back at it i was 10s off poles time after about 30 laps since testing at mallory..... tried to go too fast too soon and paid the price. don't make the same mistake as me fella.:o

Back
Top Bottom