****Official Fallout New Vegas Thread****

Soldato
OP
Well just picked this up from Tesco this morning :D

£37.70 for those interested, felt like such a dork though, had to ask the nice little old lady at CS to check if they had any as there was none on the shelves.

"Yes hello stockroom? Nerdy Magee here came in as soon as the store opened and begged me to check if you have this Fallout something or other in? You do? Good, can you get the hottest girl we have in the stockroom to bring it down so she can see the dorkasaurus who made her fetch him this precious game? Great thanks."

:(

But yay Fallout :D

Soldato
guys - sorry if this has already been covered. Is this an expansion pack or a stand alone game ?

Its a stand alone game, you don't need to own or even played fallout 3. Its a new story set in a whole new world, just the same theme.

Hopefully my copy will be here today... Might pull me away from F1 2010:p

Soldato
Its a stand alone game, you don't need to own or even played fallout 3. Its a new story set in a whole new world, just the same theme.

Hopefully my copy will be here today... Might pull me away from F1 2010:p

Cheers chap. I might invest in a copy just as a break from F1 for a bit :D

Associate
^Same here, I remember when the post used to be delivered by 8am, now he doesn't show up until 12:30-1pm on good days, bloody royal mail

Soldato
So far i,m loving this. If you have not played either fallout 3 or vegas i would play Fallout 3 as it is a better game. Vegas is more of an expansion of the same really its nothing new just more of the same which to me is ideal....:D:D

Baz

Baz

Soldato
I can't figure out what people are on about with glitches in Fallout3, must have stuck 200 hours into it and never had a lock up, of fallen through anything. The occasional bit of screen tearing, but never any glitches..

heyroyalmail.jpg

Caporegime
I can't figure out what people are on about with glitches in Fallout3, must have stuck 200 hours into it and never had a lock up, of fallen through anything. The occasional bit of screen tearing, but never any glitches..

Just because you personally haven't experienced them doesn't mean they don't exist. A quick look at the Fallout Wiki just brings up the following:

Code:
Add on specific bugs
NPC specific bugs
Location specific bugs
Crashing, freezing and other hardware or software issues
Physics engine glitches
Flying creatures and items
NPC and creature body parts stretching
Player character stuck
NPC stuck
Floating in the air
Falling out of the map
Clipping
Heads spinning around
Multiple skin tones on NPC's
Upside down gun
Megaton residents missing or dead
Lip sync not working
NPC's referring to player or other NPC's as wrong gender
NPC's still talking after death
Common issues with followers
Quest bugs
Quest items remain in inventory permanently
Menu, hud, inventory and radio related bugs
Level up error
Pip boy glitches
Loading and saving bugs
Time and date bugs
Exploits
PC specific crashes
PS3 specific crashes and glitches

That isn't even all of the errors listed on the site, also those above all have subsections with even more detail. For you to hint that there are no problems with Fallout 3 and the game engine is a little bit disrespectful to the large amount of people that have had massive problems with Fallout 3.

Associate
Mine just arrived, I been looking forward to this, I rarely buy launch games.

I am supposed to be doing Uni assignment, I will hold out until this afternoon, which is 20 mins away. I am still playing fallout 3 off and on, its the only game I have ever got the Plat Trophy on.

Must leave a message for the wife "see you in 100 hours or so"

Associate
Did anyone who preordered this from the Jersey place get their pre-order 'Caravan pack'? I don't seem to have a code or anything, that said, I can't check my email from work, so I guess it could have been emailed....

Mine's here, but roll on 17:00 :D

Caporegime
The combat is a hell of a lot better out of vats now. Hardcore mode is awesome too. Adds a new depth to the game.

Did anyone who preordered this from the Jersey place get their pre-order 'Caravan pack'? I don't seem to have a code or anything, that said, I can't check my email from work, so I guess it could have been emailed....

Mine's here, but roll on 17:00 :D

I had the same with the medal of honor beta code for pre-orders. Ended up E-Mailing them and got the code within the same day. Only problem is by the time I get this code I will have better gear anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom