***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
Can someone confirm for me please as I just read this on another forum, but, do you have to pay to get more cars? (i.e. DLC style).

Thanks.

I don't think any DLC has been announced yet, and I'm sure someone will mention it here if/when it is.

You sure you didn't misread the post - you earn money ingame, and then buy extra cars with that...

After the first days play, I have to admit I'm not feeling it. I would have expected this game to majorly impress straight away, even forgetting all the hype, but it hasn't done yet.

Already a little board of the trivial early races and being forced to find a poxy little Jap. or Euro box to compete in. Finding the Jeff Gordon Nascar school frustrating too, feels like it should be part of the licence tests, rather than a "special" event.

I also think it's too clinical, like everything is trying to be too perfect to the point where it looks a little fake. The tracks seem bland and almost too clean somehow, and there's small annoyances like the awful flickering shadows to the engine sound not changing when going through a tunnel, something I thought they would nail. It's little things like that that throw the whole illusion of racing off for me.

Meh, I'm sure I'll keep playing :o

Been waiting for the this game since it was first announced. But if we are being honest there hasnt been a good Gran Turismo since GT2. After playing this for 5 minutes this is how i will some it up...

"5 years to make this?!?! Forza 3 looks, feels and plays 100 times better and took less than half the time to make it :("

All i can say is so far it hasnt wowed me like Forza 2 did when that first came out.

Soldato
Also as with every GT the understeer on the cars is ridiculous!

The handling is absolutley fantastic for me using a G25.

It does understeer but I just lift off and then the nose swings round as it would in real life.

Can some one check for me how much a FTO/RX7 is as id like that was my first car :p

Too much and too high of a level.

Soldato
OP
Just tried a random arcade race with a AC cobra. Oh hells yeah! They've really improved the handling in comparison to Prologue, i was drifting all over the shop! Not sure if it's realistic mind, having never driven one, but it was damn fun. Also the AI is much, much better, i saw it actually avoid me in a replay when i spun out as i got too over excited.

How the hell do i get the head tracking to work? I did configure it but it didn't make much sense and it didn't seem to do anything.

Soldato
I don't think any DLC has been announced yet, and I'm sure someone will mention it here if/when it is.

You sure you didn't misread the post - you earn money ingame, and then buy extra cars with that...

Oh right, so you don't pay with real life money then? :o

I was just about to say that would be a right ripoff, pay £38 for a game then have to pay for extra stuff...

Soldato
Too much and too high of a level.

Uhm okay, Can you or some one explain this abit as i cant get my hands on it till xmas, How does this level work? Can i only buy a car if im at said level? Is it same for some races etc??

Soldato
As im trying better cars i do have to agree with you it is brilliant! I apologise!

Was gonna say the handling is something I definitely cannot fault so far :)

@Mark1989: You start off with very limited cash and you level up by winning races which allows you to buy higher tier cars and also enter higher tier races. Like I said before it's just a game mechanic to progress you from the slower cars upto the very neeeeoooowwww ones :D

That said if your really hankering to drive something quick you can easily jump into arcade mode which provides a very nice selection right from the beginning.

Caporegime
I don't understand what is going on tbh. On previous GT games, I never had much money and it required me buying a crap car to make me rage throughout the races until I got to a point where I could afford something decent. However in GT5, I haven't even bought a car yet and I have 450k to blow. :confused::p

What do I buy?!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, this has to be set on Standard Physics or something, i'm easily getting the best out of the car.

I've set everything to off, and just left ABS on "1". Is there another setting i should check? I want hardcore Pro mode

Soldato
Anyone else done the Elise 111R event on the Top Gear track and found it hard to control? I was a bit surprised after using several other cars with higher performance and having no issues at all with them :confused:

I thought it would be glued to the track but it was all over the place with even the smallest dab of throttle.

I don't understand what is going on tbh. On previous GT games, I never had much money and it required me buying a crap car to make me rage throughout the races until I got to a point where I could afford something decent. However in GT5, I haven't even bought a car yet and I have 450k to blow. :confused::p

Finding that a bit odd too, I've got loads of money already but nothing really to buy apart from rubbish little cars for the events that are open. I suppose it saves grinding like previous GT games :p

Associate
Have only had about an hour on it but first impressions - I'm liking it. Just wish my joypad battery hadn't died so I've had to take a break.

Soldato
Been enjoying this so far apart from a few niggles which I can't really complain about :D

But I was wondering if you can set the degrees of rotation on the wheel? As I'm not used to the G25 at crazy high degrees of rotation. If it can be changed where are the options to do so? :)

Back
Top Bottom