***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
Better selection of used cars available in the Collectors Dealership.

Doesn't look like you can sell though, only buy.

Time limited seasonal events. Bonus race 1, 5 events, Total prize 1,000,000, 100,000 XP

Looks like a big bump to all the people 'stuck' towards the end of A spec Extreme.

Well, that's my afternoon wasted !

Associate
Servers back online now then?

edit: indeed they are, excellent.

Seems a bit strange that you can't sort the collector's dealership lineup like you can the used dealership.

edit2 hahaha look what just turned up in the collector's dealership the very first time I checked: Formula Gran Turismo :D

*me buys

Last edited:
Associate
Aw, the increased rewards are only until the end of January :(

Also, I really don't see what the point of being able to copy saves to another account on the same machine is. I just tried it to see what happens and it just says 'you're using someone else's save, overwriting with new save data', meaning the function is utterly useless. Obviously being able to finally backup to a usb stick or whatever is v.handy though :)

edit: Ok, now I'm not pleased. Online login bonus now includes 5 paint items as well as the 5 museum cards. This would've been handy BEFORE I got the trophy for 256 colours lol

Last edited:
Associate
Servers are up, seasonal events are:

Bonus Race no. 1

Fiat 500 Tsukuba 5 laps - total prize fund 200,000 / exp 15,000
Honda CR-Z Tokyo Route 246 5 laps - total prize fund 250,000 / exp 25,000
Mazda RX-7 Deep Forest 5 laps - total prize fund 300,000 / exp 40,000
Dodge Challenger RT Indy Road Course 5 laps - total prize fund 750,000 / exp 75,000
Nissan GT-R (493bhp limit) SSR5 5 laps - total prize fund 1,00,000 / exp 100,000

Time Trial no. 1
197 bhp FWD / Cape Ring Inside - sports medium tyres
246 bhp RWD / Rome City - sports medium tyres

Drift Trial no. 1
Tsukuba - comfort/soft tyres
Eiger Norwand - comfort/soft tyres

Associate
Better selection of used cars available in the Collectors Dealership.

Doesn't look like you can sell though, only buy.

Time limited seasonal events. Bonus race 1, 5 events, Total prize 1,000,000, 100,000 XP

Looks like a big bump to all the people 'stuck' towards the end of A spec Extreme.

Well, that's my afternoon wasted !

So what are these seasonal events? Are they online? Are they difficult? Details man!

Soldato
It is yeah, finally we can get rid of that awful menu music :D

Never played GT4? It's the best car in that game, probably in the top 3 or so best in this game. It's a formula 1 car that's required for a single event, can only be found used in the dealership and doesn't turn up very often... and costs 4.8mil to buy. It's a frustrating car indeed, especially given it's only needed for one event (though you can use it to rape endurance races and stuff too).

Cheers Radio: i played GT1 for ages and a little of GT2, but nothing after that. Really enjoying GT5 though :)

Associate
Rah!

Will have so many updates to DL on xmas day when I can eventually open the PS3 box that the first time ill be able to play game(s) will be on boxing day! :/

Soldato
So there are better reward cars, too late as most of the races have been completed already.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/912860-official-gran-turismo-5-thread/page__st__2655
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.
So it is online against other players so it will be difficult to win.

Soldato
So there are better reward cars, too late as most of the races have been completed already.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/912860-official-gran-turismo-5-thread/page__st__2655
So it is online against other players so it will be difficult to win.

Only for the drift and time trials as stated. The races you get instant XP and credits, but I can only manage second with a 10 second gap to first in the first event with the Fiat 500!:p

I think this is a really good feature if they are going to change every couple of weeks for fresh events.

Associate
Only for the drift and time trials as stated. The races you get instant XP and credits, but I can only manage second with a 10 second gap to first in the first event with the Fiat 500!:p

I think this is a really good feature if they are going to change every couple of weeks for fresh events.

Oh is it those sorts of events, like in GT4?

Associate
I can only manage second with a 10 second gap to first in the first event with the Fiat 500

Yeah, tried it three times. 2nd 2nd and 2nd wtf ?

edit .. prolly better off getting 6th 5th 4th 3rd then 2nd until someone comes up with the right car to nail 1st.

At least you get more £

Last edited:
Soldato
1st on the deep forest one, on my 2nd try. easiest 300,000 credits ever!!!
i just added all the non power increasing or weight reducing mods, added a rear wing and if you add the sports cat it brings the power up to spot on the 204bhp limit(every little helps)

Back
Top Bottom