***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
Anyone reckon they've got a decent pick up truck I could borrow, pretty skint and not really that far in so can't afford to keep buying random cars for one track events lol. Cheers.

Associate
Had a lot of fun doing online races tonight.

Entered a GTPlanet race which actually didn't go so well as I don't really buy racing slicks for my cars and everyone else was using them. The worst part was that I got shunted quite heavily by one guy and it broke my car. Ended up limping round at the back of the pack running 8minute Ring times (I qualified for the race with a 7:20).

Also did some races in random servers, with the right restrictions most people seem to have a good time. Was fun racing in the Zonda R as well though.

Should do some OCUK races.

Associate
There are so may daft decisions in this game.
Why is it so hard to get a formula gt car?
Why are we having to grind just to level up?
Why can't you save in the middle of endurance races?
Why 2 endurance races on Tsukuba? That track is dull as hell. Doing 5 laps round it is a pain let alone 4 hours in an mx 5. Why not pick trial mountain, clubman stage route 5, cape ring etc.
Polyphony seem to think that all gamers don't have a life and are willing to just sit there and play play and play just to bloody level up on events you've already done.
Grrrr.

Soldato
Finally got playing hard now just tipped over 1mil.

Hovering over buying the mclaren F1, a yay or nay, as the Mp12-4c is a 1/4 of the price and I have a fully raced up 458 italia anyway?

Soldato
Special events are a bit harder though, I am barely able to silver the AMG challenges and Rally is annoying and I stopped doing that.

Rally is easy once you get a proper rally car, the first set of levels is actually the hardest when you have to use a "normal" car with dirt/snow tyres.

Once you get the Citroen C4 Rally car you can gold the first 2 sets of stages easily, winning by minutes overall. Then I used the Lancia S4 for the last set of stages, which won easily.

Soldato
The Sebastien Loeb Chamonix challenge is evil, got gold on the other two but only just scraped bronze on that one so far, keep attempting it and keep hitting something.

The other rally one seems fairly easy though, used a slightly tweaked S. Shigeno hachiroku for the first one and then for the second used a 344bhp impreza and an S2000 for the tarmac (not got a rally car yet for the final one, hoping to get the one from the Loeb challenges)

But yeah, the races are trivial unless you delibrately make it hard for yourself like I did early on...

Not finding it too bad for credits/xp so far, just under level 23 with no repeated races and got a shade over 3 million in the bank, that's after spending ~500k getting a gallardo and maxing it out (and then doing 3 series in it)

Soldato
The Sebastien Loeb Chamonix challenge is evil, got gold on the other two but only just scraped bronze on that one so far, keep attempting it and keep hitting something.

The other rally one seems fairly easy though, used a slightly tweaked S. Shigeno hachiroku for the first one and then for the second used a 344bhp impreza and an S2000 for the tarmac (not got a rally car yet for the final one, hoping to get the one from the Loeb challenges)

But yeah, the races are trivial unless you delibrately make it hard for yourself like I did early on...

Not finding it too bad for credits/xp so far, just under level 23 with no repeated races and got a shade over 3 million in the bank, that's after spending ~500k getting a gallardo and maxing it out (and then doing 3 series in it)

I gave up on the second and third challenge after smashing my controller in frustration of keep banging into walls and getting dq'd. I know without it people would wall ride but 30mph tap into a plastic fence is ******* ridiculous. And i now need a new DS3 :(

Associate
There are so may daft decisions in this game.
Why is it so hard to get a formula gt car?
Why are we having to grind just to level up?
Why can't you save in the middle of endurance races?
Why 2 endurance races on Tsukuba? That track is dull as hell. Doing 5 laps round it is a pain let alone 4 hours in an mx 5. Why not pick trial mountain, clubman stage route 5, cape ring etc.
Polyphony seem to think that all gamers don't have a life and are willing to just sit there and play play and play just to bloody level up on events you've already done.
Grrrr.

+1 A lot of the design decisions in this game appear to have been made by either people in suits who don't game (minimal work to get maximum buck) or people who really have way too much free time. And given that working in Japan means you have no social life I'm inclined more to the former heh.

Races not, I won some races in cars that are worse than the competition.
Special events are a bit harder though, I am barely able to silver the AMG challenges and Rally is annoying and I stopped doing that.

I found the AMG events to be pretty easy overall and definitely the most fun out of the events I've tried (everything up to the Loeb challenges). Driving the Ring in the wet is lol and crazy :D I've got all silvers currently but might try for the golds at some point.

I gave up on the second and third challenge after smashing my controller in frustration of keep banging into walls and getting dq'd. I know without it people would wall ride but 30mph tap into a plastic fence is ******* ridiculous. And i now need a new DS3 :(

^This. Precisely the reason I stopped bothering with those challenges, I can't afford to buy a new pad. I've had my PS3 Slim since it launched last October and I can honestly say that in the few dozen games I've played GT5 is the first one that's actually made me angry enough to throw my controller.

Soldato
The AMG events suck hard. They're almost as bad as the gay NASCAR and Rally events.
I actually liked them and I have all silvers so far apart from the SLS AMG full ring dry one where I am 0.3 seconds off the silver time :mad:

I gave up going for gold on all events a long time ago, bronze is fine and if I like the race or track I try again for silver or gold.

Soldato

Another reason to be thankful for my G25, it's much harder to throw and hurts if you hit it :p

Did get seriously frustrated and temporarily gave up, twice.

I really enjoyed the Mercedes ones, but then I love the ring, especially now I've driven it enough in various games to 'know' it (or at least know where I am a good 70% of the time :p), can't wait to unlock the last level of it :)

I'm still going for all golds, and so far with the exception of Chamonix as mentioned, and I know I can do that, if I can just stop hitting things, I'm still on track for that...

Associate
I went for the dream drifter trophy last night on chamonix. Only took about 5 goes to get the 10000+ points needed, I was quite surprised tbh, was totally expecting massive rage and many many retries :D

Back
Top Bottom