*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Soldato
Works fine on the PS3, although it doesn't look as good compared to using it on a Tv.

Yes it is on-site doorstep exchange, I've used it a few times now and it has always been excellent. You should get the 3 year warranty regardless of where you order from unless they are grey imports. Personally I'd stick with a decent supplier though. There are a few that offer the A05 revision, might pay to go that route.

Last edited:
Soldato
Worth being a bit cautious when ordering "new" U2410s from eBay. The seller that ScarySquirrel mentions for £425 is clearly not a business seller. The other is, but I'd still check the production date if you decide to purchase one, that or give Dell a call when it arrives. As far as I'm aware the warranty is done on production date, not purchase date, especially as it lists A01 revision which is old stock.

Associate
Worth being a bit cautious when ordering "new" U2410s from eBay. The seller that ScarySquirrel mentions for £425 is clearly not a business seller. The other is, but I'd still check the production date if you decide to purchase one, that or give Dell a call when it arrives. As far as I'm aware the warranty is done on production date, not purchase date, especially as it lists A01 revision which is old stock.
Personally, unless you know the seller is super reliable, I would not recommend Ebay to anyone. Even then Paypal can sometimes make life a nightmare. It'd be my very last resort..

As for Dell's warranty, the info is buried somewhere in this thread, but I'll "boil it down" as best I can. (It's not the production date).

The warranty is from the time of purchase from Dell. In the UK Dell only sells monitors directly to a few huge retailers (think large retail chains with high street stores). Everyone else gets their Dell equipment indirectly from a 3rd party supplier who buys in bulk from Dell and sells to websites who then supply you with the screen. Effectively most retail websites are middle men between you and the buyer, and the buyer is the middleman between the website retailer and Dell. As soon as the 3rd party supplier purchases and takes delivery of the screen from Dell the warranty time is ticking, even though they may not supply that screen to a website retailer for some months. Make sense?

As far as Dell is concerned your warranty is the Works Number on the original box packaging. No works number, no warranty with Dell. The Works number should also include the name and address of whoever made the original order purchase with Dell, as without these details they can, and often do, refuse to process an exchange. Also, with these details, you can contact Dell and request an exchange of ownership so that you, and not the 3rd party supplier, is listed on their system as the owner of the screen.

In cases where there is no works number the web retailer would take on the responsibility of any warranty. However this warranty would probably be much slower than dealing with Dell directly, they probably wouldn't pay all postage like Dell does, and nor would they probably offer a swap out service. So make sure you get a valid works number. With it you can then contact Dell and, along with your monitor serial number, you can check when your warranty is valid from. Normally it's only a few days or weeks before you bought the screen.

Soldato
So in a nutshell. OCUK for example is a third party supplier who if they had recieved the u2411 say umm 6months ago and sold u that one, that means 6months of warranty is gone?

OCUK and otehr big retail companies dont have a retail store so what you pointed is that only currys/pc world deals directly with Dell? now that cant be right

i dont think your statement is true. warranties are started from the day you buy it from ocuk etc etc.

i bought a evga 480gtx and the warranty started the day i recieved my item and i even filled out and registered it for the warranty. this works in 9/10 products you buy.

Now unless what your describing is from ebay then that makes sence but if your buying brand new from places like OCUK then what you said i find it hard to believe

Associate
I just ordered myself a U2410 rev A05 monitor. It is getting delivered on the 30th. Fingers crossed that it is not full of the previously mentioned problems.

Took me a month to decide what I should get and I finally decided entering the Dell panel lottery might be the best option. Hope I made the right decision. LOL

Last edited:
Associate
I just ordered myself a U2410 rev A05 monitor. It is getting delivered on the 30th. Fingers crossed that it is not full of the previously mentioned problems.

Took me a month to decide what I should get and I finally decided entering the Dell panel lottery might be the best option. Hope I made the right decision. LOL

Nice one man, eh did you order it direct? and how much did you end up paying out of interest?

Associate
i dont think your statement is true. warranties are started from the day you buy it from ocuk etc etc.

Not as far as Dell are concerned, see http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=17492488#post17492488

I've experienced this first hand on several occasions. Ocuk may honour the warranty themselves, but if you expect the Dell next day exchange service then the date is from when it's purchased from Dell. Also the Dell 30 day new replacement period (rather than the often less than ideal refurbs) is almost never going to happen unless your either lucky that Dell are short of refurbs or you do a lot of complaining.

Back
Top Bottom