• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** 25/02/2011 EXTENSION! *** DEAL OF CENTURY: Asus GeForce GTX 480 1536MB Graphics Card with 2 FREE

Associate
stick with the 480

DO NOT RELY ON OVERCLOCKS 470 is a good card and overclock well.

but its safer just to rely on the 480 being awesome at stock

it doesnt matter but thats my view, you either need the power or you dont

Last edited:
Associate
[QUOTE='[TW]Yes, at 100% fan both cards sound like a portable tornado but as many reviews have demonstrated the cards dont actually run at 100% fan when gaming![/QUOTE]

I find the GTX580 noisy compared to my HD5870, just depends what your used too, however noise tests done by reviews clearly sure the GTX480 to make more noise then other cards.

Soldato
Man, I need these to turn up sharpish.... My old cards sold really quick so my rigs, stripped down, dusted out like new, reconfigured my fans and no card to play wiv....:(

Associate
Should I shouldn't I, ultimately I believe this to be the best value for money graphics card out at the moment so I have taken the plunge, twice.

I would have purchased the MSI ones, but they vanished.

These will go nicely with my new i7 2600K build, I hope.

Goodbye 460, hello SLI GTX 480, I loose my SLI virginity come friday! :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Guys

Excellent news!

The 480's have arrived early, all pre-orders will be shipped today and I've got several hundred spare, I shall hold this pre-order price until Friday as promised, but after that UP THE PRICE GOES!

Don't miss out, GRAB ONE NOW! :)

Soldato
Guys

Excellent news!

The 480's have arrived early, all pre-orders will be shipped today and I've got several hundred spare, I shall hold this pre-order price until Friday as promised, but after that UP THE PRICE GOES!

Don't miss out, GRAB ONE NOW! :)
Good job Gibbo! I bet you're in for a big bonus this month....

Back
Top Bottom