Another non punishment for Ferguson

Don
OP
maybe not directly but he will be in contact with the dugout

/actually not sure that he is even banned from dressing room

Soldato
I think we need to talk about FACTS tbh :p

I agree though, needs a lid put on him. Wouldn't blame him though, if he can get away with it, why should he do different to what he normally does? FA needs to act harder

Permabanned
First of all he's not the first manager to say stuff like that and he won't be the last.

Secondly, when has a manager ever been given that kind of ban? 5 matches and 30k?

lolFA.

Associate
It's very inconsistent, less high profile managers get away with similar comments on a regular basis. But what bothers me more than the ban is the arrogance of the FA. They keep dishing out fines and warnings etc for various people critising shocking refereeing performances but they make no attempt to improve the standard of refereeing which is clearly not good enough.
If they were doing so and actually offered some kind of close doors forum for managers to take there concerns then I believe managers would be getting less angry and frustrated. But week after week they see their side being cost points by ridiculous decisions and nothing is done.

Don
Secondly, when has a manager ever been given that kind of ban? 5 matches and 30k?

lolFA.

He's only been given a 3 game ban for what he said. The other 2 games were added on as a result of the suspended sentence he got for previous comments. And there's the reason why he got the 3 game ban this time, this isn't the first time he's been charged. Surely it's natural that if you continue to break the rules, the punishments will increase everytime?

i thought he couldn't have any contact with the players once the match had kicked off, until the final whistle?

That's the case with UEFA but not the FA. IIMN he can communicate with the dugout and go into the dressing room.

The only thing he can't do is hassle the 4th official ;)

Don
OP
First of all he's not the first manager to say stuff like that and he won't be the last.

lolFA.

it's only a 3 match ban for this offence

no he isn't the first manager and won't be the last ( though he is probably the worst offender by some way ) ,that is why they need to come up with a more effective punishment

Permabanned
Lets see if this sets a precedence for the other managers then, the same ones that moan about referees after every game.

lolFA.

Soldato
Perhaps he will think twice about shouting his mouth off now.

Needed to be taken down a peg or two, especially after refusing to talk to all media including MUTV.

Act your age Mr Ferguson.

Don
OP
they ought to, it's somethign that needs sorting, it''s hard to argue that Ferguson is not amongst the worst culprits if not the worst

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9426939.stm

Firstly it's a 3 match ban, 2 were suspended from a previous outburst

But more importantly what is the point of a touchline ban ? he can go in dressing room, pass messages to dugout etc

total non punishment, why do they think he would ever change when they do nothing about it :mad:

What would you suggest the punishment be, rather than claiming it's pathetic - come up with something yourself?

Back
Top Bottom