HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC Problem Thread

Soldato
This would be a good option for sure as when dust develops you could wipe 99% of it away.

Shall forward thread to Hazro and hopefully we shall get more input from them.

If we this info can be sourced I will be will keep my Hazro and not return it, to be honest I think its a really good screen for the money.

If its not too much hassle getting the glass front off many returns will be saved.

My HZ27WC is so bloody close to being perfect.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hey Gibbo what percentage of the Hazro HZ27WC are seeing these problems

has the Hazro HZ27WA had the same amount of problems

None yet and they are still selling rather well.

But remember guys a lot of users buying these will probably never notice the dust on a monitor like this, because remember even a dead pixel on a monitor with this resolution 2560x1440 is incredibly small and dust particles are smaller again, resulting most users won't even notice such anomolies. Most of our customers will get them and just be amazed by the image quality for the price.

Soldato
None yet and they are still selling rather well.

But remember guys a lot of users buying these will probably never notice the dust on a monitor like this, because remember even a dead pixel on a monitor with this resolution 2560x1440 is incredibly small and dust particles are smaller again, resulting most users won't even notice such anomolies. Most of our customers will get them and just be amazed by the image quality for the price.

That is true Gibbo but could you not forget about those users that will work on their screens doing colour-related work and need almost perfect screens?

Also, bright sub-pixels can be really annoying at times, one such in a bad place can bother you throughout the entire movie.

HZ27WA was also reported to suffer from the same faults in another thread. Not sure if it was just one or two though.

Associate
OP
Most of our customers will get them and just be amazed by the image quality for the price.

I think we all are to a certain extent!
They are excellent monitors, but the problems prevent them from being perfect.

dust particles are smaller again, resulting most users won't even notice such anomolies.

The dust on my panel is more obvious than dead pixels; as you can see in the pictures I posted. They occupy at least 6 pixels each and prevent light from passing through - effectively dead pixels.

I think if Hazro could fix the dust issue like Apple managed to, then these monitors would be simply unbeatable in this price range. At the moment, the low price reflects the problems.

Associate
My i'll fitting corner, dont know what the black stuff hanging out of it is but dont look too clever and shouldn't have passed qc.

IMAG0020.jpg

I really like the look and feel of this monitor but I know i wouldnt be happy so its going back.

Please Hazro send me a good one and all is forgiven

Associate
My HZ27WC

I wanted to add to the list of problem hazro screens. I received my HZ27WC today and have found the following:

1. Dead pixels. Mine is particularly bad with a 3mm line and round cluster of them. Total dead pixels is enough for RMA fortunately.

2. Dust. Many small particles all over the inside of the screen. I find it hard to believe these were put together in a controlled 'clean room'.

3. Poor build quality. Badly fitting glass, humps in the plastic on the top of the monitor where the halves join together.

The image quality appears to be very high, and i would consider the screen a good deal if issues 1 & 2 were fixed. However, I don't believe these problems are acceptable in this price range, and urge Hazro to re-evaluate their quality control measures.

I am sending mine back for a refund and have purchased a U2711h instead.

Soldato
I wanted to add to the list of problem hazro screens. I received my HZ27WC today and have found the following:

1. Dead pixels. Mine is particularly bad with a 3mm line and round cluster of them. Total dead pixels is enough for RMA fortunately.

2. Dust. Many small particles all over the inside of the screen. I find it hard to believe these were put together in a controlled 'clean room'.

3. Poor build quality. Badly fitting glass, humps in the plastic on the top of the monitor where the halves join together.

The image quality appears to be very high, and i would consider the screen a good deal if issues 1 & 2 were fixed. However, I don't believe these problems are acceptable in this price range, and urge Hazro to re-evaluate their quality control measures.

I am sending mine back for a refund and have purchased a U2711h instead.

Good choice mate, you won't be disappointed! :)

Soldato
rickh, just to clarify:

1) I have a Hazro HZ27WC.

2) No obvious tint issue (although I think it can be seen from certain angles as yellowish - might be annoying in some conditions).

3) Backlight bleeding around the corners but it's only noticeable on darker backgrounds - that gives away the yellow tint issue as well.

4) Less than 20 white spots (15-18) which are most certainly dust under glass, all focused around the right edge of the panel, from the middle to the top of the screen. Most of them are much smaller than a pixel and around ten can be seen from an angle (on a plain black background). Reducing panel backlight helps covering them up from my sight. Hardly annoying in normal use.

There's also something that looks like a soft spot on the glas around that area.

5) There is one stuck sub-pixels apparent as blue on red background (also orange and yellow), it's at around 2/3rds way from the top left cornet to the middle of the screen. The sub-pixel is not apparent on any other background and I hope it's just a lazy sub-pixel that can be dealt with. Annoying.

6) One white stuck sub-pixels near the top of the screen, appears on the black background only. May be annoying sometimes.

7) A few dark spots that are most likely dust as well, gathered around top left corner of the screen. Hardly noticeable, depends on an angle you're looking for.

8) The screen is awesome in games and movies, working on it may be a little more difficult during shiny days though, due to the glossy panel.

If Hazro could clean up our screens, they would be almost perfect. I'm still considering sending it back under DSR as some of the faults annoy me a little.

Last edited:
Associate
If Hazro find a way to handle the dust in future, i hope they allow anyone with the dust issue to RMA for an updated screen that is hand checked for no dead pixels too, because i'm quite sure i have no dead pixels and will not accept a replacement with dead pixels but no dust. This to me would show Hazro are serios about service, but we'll see what happens.

Vir

Vir

Associate
thats pretty rude isn't it? they didn't "bung" me anything for the review and i have only ever reported honestly about the screens i've reviewed.

Yes that is rude. You did a good job mate and we all know it, don't let him troll you. I'm very happy with my screen, sad to see so many people have those dust problems. :(

Associate
Well, I have the WA model and have 1 stuck green pixel and 2 groups of black along with a bunch of grey which look like dust under the glass :(

Not happy, and hoping to get it replaced, just waiting for a reply from OCUK

Back
Top Bottom