HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC Problem Thread

Permabanned
Yeah I was just looking through the thread out of interest but when I read that I was pretty surprised by the attitude. For £400 odd quid I don't think you can shrug off the flaws being found.

I totally agree, and i don't think these should be being sold with such faults, i think £400 is a lot of money for imperfect monitors. I look at it as £400 wasted and i wouldn't buy one, they need to seriously clean up their act literally

I don't think i've ever seen dust behind a monitor screen before, till i saw it on this forum.

Vir

Vir

Associate
With an attitude like that I'm betting they won't even make it as a company till the end of the warranty I have on my HZ27WC.

Good luck.

PS. I'm very happy with my monitor though.

Last edited:
Associate
Personally I am very glad these came into stock before the HZ30 as I was waiting for two of them. Now I have two Dell's arriving tomorrow. Even though they are for work I would rather not have paid so much, but I couldn't live with assorted defects and a manufacturer that doesn't seem to care.

Associate
I want to second Sylver123's issue with the monitor not registering as HDCP compliant. Blu-ray discs cannot be played at 1080p at present on the monitor.

Associate
We were hoping for more appreciative comments on price vs. color accuracy, clarity and general brilliance of the panel as opposed to encouragement and prompts to thoroughly scrutinize displays in a quest to find defects... These models were intended for enthusiasts who would appreciate the price/quality aspect of the product.

That attitude plus the contradiction, every time I look at this thread I'm bloody happy I stuck to my limit of £400 because it seems I've saved myself a lot of hassle. Yet again a company who is happy to take the money and run.

"General brilliance", I wouldn't call dead pixels and dust behind the screen brilliance. "Thoroughly scrutinize", well blow me, people spending over £400 on a monitor actually inspecting it to make sure there isn't fault, I can't believe that :rolleyes: "These models were intended for enthusiasts" and enthusiasts want to make sure they're getting what they paid for. Back to the drawing board for me...

Soldato
I want to second Sylver123's issue with the monitor not registering as HDCP compliant. Blu-ray discs cannot be played at 1080p at present on the monitor.

Well, that sucks. Makes the monitor pretty much redundant for movies playback, I doubt anyone watches DVD at this resolution.

Associate
We were hoping for more appreciative comments on price vs. color accuracy, clarity and general brilliance of the panel as opposed to encouragement and prompts to thoroughly scrutinize displays in a quest to find defects.
For some reason I'm put in mind of Steve Jobs... is that you Steve?

Associate
We were hoping for more appreciative comments on price vs. color accuracy, clarity and general brilliance of the panel as opposed to encouragement and prompts to thoroughly scrutinize displays in a quest to find defects. However, we are monitoring all comments and welcome feedback as it allows us to respond, adjust and change assembly line operations to meet the stringent needs of customers/suppliers. We are already looking into making changes but these will have to be adopted after consultation with resellers as changes result in price bumps. These models were intended for enthusiasts who would appreciate the price/quality aspect of the product.

On a note about the panel: firstly, this is a LED backlight and therefore, is not the same as those found in models featuring CCFL panels. A direct comparison would be unfair. The Hazro HZ27WB is a suitable contender for that.

IPS panels have their disadvantages. Color shifts [known as 'tinging'] are a characteristic of the panel and cannot therefore, be classed as a 'defect'. Further, newer panels are often prone to pixel defects and backlight uniformity more so than panels which have matured. LGs WUXGA range of IPS panels [models beginning LM240/260], as used in practically all 16:10 WUXGA models from vendors including Dell, HP, NEC, Philips and Sony, have been around for 8 years. During this time, consumer feedback has varied beginning with praise [for excellent color reproduction] to criticism for severe backlight non-uniformity/tinging/poor contrasts. It's only now [2010/2011] that we're seeing some consistency in these panels. The point here is that we are, like other vendors, at the mercy of panel manufacturers. LGs transition from LVDS to DP interfaces will see a new line of displays emerging this year with 3D and 120Hz IPS in the pipeline. There are things we can do to significantly improve quality, however, early adoption of panels into TVs/Monitors runs the risk of bad publicity for factors out of our control.

Pre-launch field tests, QA and QC inspections and 3rd party testing agencies cannot provide feedback in the same way OCUK community members can - so please post and share your experiences [good and bad]. What we can control: we will change. Our plan is to offer the best and latest LCD/LED products and we aim to achieve this with community support.

I have been following the development of Hazro for a couple of years now..
I'm sorry to say your newest line is not for me either. Seems you ended up with a inferior product in the quest for money saving. Why oh why.

I couldn't care less what the price is. I would probably pay around 1000 - 1500£ for a Perfect, pixel perfect warranty, 27", H-ips, Glossy, low inputlag, NO scaler, led-backlit, DVI, (120hz if possible),
There must be other costumers out there like me as I have been searching for this screen for 3 years now and no firm seems to want to build this monitor

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have been following the development of Hazro for a couple of years now..
I'm sorry to say your newest line is not for me either. Seems you ended up with a inferior product in the quest for money saving. Why oh why.

I couldn't care less what the price is. I would probably pay around 1000 - 1500£ for a Perfect, pixel perfect warranty, 27", H-ips, Glossy, low inputlag, NO scaler, led-backlit, DVI, (120hz if possible),
There must be other costumers out there like me as I have been searching for this screen for 3 years now and no vendor seems to want to build this monitor

TBH, I would still buy the hz27wc. If you require the pixel perfect warranty then buy the apple cinema display.

Whilst it's disappointing that these monitors aren't perfect they still represent excellent value.

After a couple of days use I'm learning to ignore the marks on the screen. I wish I didn't have to but it's worth it for the relatively low price. However, if I had paid any more than £500 then I would not be so forgiving.

I've owned a lot of monitors (from cheap TN's to the most expensive IPS's) and I think that this is the best value screen I've ever bought. I was initially upset because of the hype claiming perfection and comparisons between cinema displays/u2711's. If it had said on the product description that "at least one dead pixel and several specks of dust behind the glass is more than probable" when I bought it then I wouldn't have been so shocked when I turned it on!

I hope hazro use these negative comments as motivation to improve the QC. Beneath the specks of dust is an excellent monitor!

Besides, the more of these hazro sell the more value our 3 year warranties hold :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So far it seems that the majority of complaints are dust behind the screen, something thats down to sloppy construction, not bad components; shouldnt be that hard for hazro to fix it quickly.

Associate
Ok, just got monitor number 2 aannnddd......

2 dead pixels and dust behind the screen again :(

This however is less noticable than the first one i sent back, but still i might have to try number 3 and see how i get on.

Maby overclockers should offer a preinspection service for the monitors? i would happly pay to have someone look at the monitor before its dispatched to see if theres any dead pixels or dust behind the glass.

Soldato
Maby overclockers should offer a preinspection service for the monitors? i would happly pay to have someone look at the monitor before its dispatched to see if theres any dead pixels or dust behind the glass.

That's where i got lucky, I had one of the ones that gibbo/nathwraith had taken out of the box to test for the sake of this thread......came with added fingerprints on the base! :D I still have 1 dead pixel 2 that get a bit funny on certain colours but they're not very easy to notice without looking.

Associate
I would happily pay for somone at ocuk to check the monitor for dead pixels and dust before its shipped :) it must be costing them a bit in postage to keep sending them to me as i get free shipping :S

Associate
Ok, just got monitor number 2 aannnddd......

2 dead pixels and dust behind the screen again :(

This however is less noticable than the first one i sent back, but still i might have to try number 3 and see how i get on.

how did you send the first one back?

Back
Top Bottom