Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Soldato
great game I just don't see what the problem is with it? perhaps I have been a gamer to long and grew up with buggy mods and beta products whats its fine plays great for me.

I feel the same way but there is no denying, player numbers have dropped off of a cliff and it happened as soon as the BF3 Beta was released. Coincidence, maybe.

A LOT of people purchased this though who were new to the series after many of the RO vets said about the original.

The release is then a hit and miss affair for some people and those new players have gone away thinking the game stinks which it does not.

Speaks volumes. The SAS server is not even full and they have a large clan base.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love TW and I love RO which was part of the reason for getting a server to help support the game but in all honesty, the unforeseen issues they had at launch for those few weeks I think scared off any newcomers which leaves you with the original RO community which although not small, it has to be remembered it is an Indie title with a cult following, much like Killing Floor.

The difference is, KF can be played with only 6 people :)

Lets hope, they get the co-op update out ASAP so we can play that :)

Saying that, even if we just had our own 32 player, as long as it was near full, I do not mind.

I am even prepared to ignore my own game preferences and just have rotations/settings which keep it full, anything to keep it going.

Last edited:
Soldato
I cant say yet I have a problem finding a game. Not many 64's around, lots of 32-48s. It is not wildly popular, but then neither was the original, a certain type of FPS player likes this type of gameplay.

I would say dont bother with the server. Its going to be hard to populate now and there arent enough just of us to do it. :(

Edit - co op? that would be awesome. Also if they release the fan packs pacific / vietnam that would be great.

Soldato
Don't feel obliged to renew the server gimpy

Although it was intended as an OcUK community server the number of ocuk users still playing or frequently playing has dwindled, I think there is about 4/5 regulars and then some people would pop on now and again.

I was thinking of running a 32/48 man TE-Only realism server with multiplay (as I have a discount code to use with them)

Associate
Just spent the weekend playing this game on & off. I don't know about anyone else, but really starting to enjoy it again since stat reset.

I must say I as well that 34-36 player servers seem much better - any more & it just becomes stupid killing fest with no room for strategy.

Soldato
Getting to the point where a complete lack of strategy and tactics by my team is really ******** me off. Seriously, get inside the marked out areas to attack/defend? How hard is that? Still, most fun fps for a while, cant wait for the expansions.

Soldato
Getting to the point where a complete lack of strategy and tactics by my team is really ******** me off. Seriously, get inside the marked out areas to attack/defend? How hard is that? Still, most fun fps for a while, cant wait for the expansions.

Try playing on CD servers I find they have better teamwork

Soldato
Just Chillin

chillin.jpg

Associate
Just spent the weekend playing this game on & off. I don't know about anyone else, but really starting to enjoy it again since stat reset.

I must say I as well that 34-36 player servers seem much better - any more & it just becomes stupid killing fest with no room for strategy.

+1 agree, been playing on the brothers realism 34 man territory server and game has been a lot smoother on a smaller server and it's been great fun, loving the game at the minute and can't wait for the mods.
Though game still isn't using all my gpu :confused::(

Soldato
What is everyones favourite maps? Mine is Spartanovka. As an out and out rifleman this map rocks with minimal use for spray weapons, and its simple to understand linear progression of territory objectives makes for slightly better public teamwork-ish. Least favourite of mine is Appartments, for spray bias related reasons mainly. Others in order would be, Grain Elevator, Station, Pavlovs House, Red October Factory, Barracks, Commissars House and Fallen Fighters. I'd put Fallen Fighters above Barracks depending on how many campers there are about.

Associate
What's your name on ro2?

I'm on brothers server quite often

It's BigTelHols, you can add me through Steam :) was on server lastnight.

Game need's a Steam sale, DLC and the player numbers will increase :D
Hope BF3 doesn't kill game off, initial only bought RO2 as a stop gap whilst waiting for BF3 to be released and despite the launch problems i'm loving the game, its a pure FPS, no perks and kill streaks, some great maps and even teamwork.

Soldato
It's BigTelHols, you can add me through Steam :) was on server lastnight.

Game need's a Steam sale, DLC and the player numbers will increase :D
Hope BF3 doesn't kill game off, initial only bought RO2 as a stop gap whilst waiting for BF3 to be released and despite the launch problems i'm loving the game, its a pure FPS, no perks and kill streaks, some great maps and even teamwork.

oh yeah, silly me.

Was on my phone and couldn't see your sig that well, have played plenty of times with you including last night I think I was commander on two of the maps and you where on my side both times.

Back
Top Bottom