GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ungh another GTA game, another steaming pile of disappointment. GTA died after VC, SA was a terrible game and 4 barely any better. The engine was awful and the gameplay is now so old and tired.

Man of Honour
Ungh another GTA game, I think it will be another steaming pile of disappointment. I think GTA died after VC, SA was a terrible game and 4 barely any better, IMO. On my PC The engine was awful and the gameplay is now so old and tired.

Fixed.

And how is the gameplay old and tired? It's a 3rd person open world platformer, there are other games following the 3rd person style but no other game allows the level of freedom to do whatever in a game world so large.

Replay value and scope of gameplay has always been high with GTA games.

Soldato
Replay value and scope of gameplay has always been high with GTA games.

Indeed, that's the beauty of it really. A few months ago I went back to playing GTA4 after having not touched it in quite a long time, still looked and played great, and even managed to find new stuff to do. Found a really tall tower/antenna thing, climbed to the top, got a wanted level and then shot the cops as they got to the top of the ladder. Rather amusing. :D

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Bought GTA4 on Steam last night and started giving it a whirl. Had it on the 360 when we moved house (no net for 6 months) and really got into it then!

Was reluctant to get it on the PC after all this gafuffle about it running poorly etc. Loaded it up last night and it ran fine with the settings I was using, so really don't know where all the issues came from to begin with...

But back to the topic, this would certainly be on my "buy" list. Owned every single GTA game (minus the Episodes) and loved every single one of them. Setting won't bother me, but would love to have the depth in it like GTA:SA - there was so much to do it was brilliant! Don't think I've ever found a game with so much re-playability.

Soldato
You do realise that was an April fool's video right?

Obviously I didn't at the time :p

Oh well. ha

Personally enjoyed GTA4, much better than San Andreas, but nowhere near as good as Vice City, but very little in any genre of gaming comes close to Vice City, it had everything for a game of it's time.

Not sure how they'd go about it, but GTA on the Frostbite 2 Engine would be something to behold, the body animations alone would be amazing, rather than the mental leggy jumping/running of all Rockstar games.

Caporegime
This

Games cant get much better on consoles without better consoles. Isnt the 360 about 7 years old now or something?

Granted Half life 2 came out in 2004 which is a nice engine, but surely not much more can be done. Really need a console with a 590GTX in :eek:

Trollolol

Heard of Uncharted 3 by any chance?

Soldato
kbdmvb.png

Looks at the coin on the right! It's set in 1899 :eek:

Associate
well just 10 hours til the trailer. one thing that got me on that page was the gta 3 anniversary edition. I can't believe that game is ten years old already, i was only 17 when it came out and i still play it now and again on the pc.

Associate
Why make a 2nd san andreas? I thought if they were going to cover a previous game they'd choose London or one that wasn't made in 3d. I hope rehashing it they bring something incredible to the table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom