GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Whooaaaaaa!! Excited for this :) even though I hated GTAIV.

I hope OH PLEASE ...I HOPE...that they dont have the same idiotic severely limited settings screen of GTA IV where people with hi-end machines had a game that ran like GTA IV PowerPoint edition!

Like everyone else Im wondering what location they have picked. They should use Moscow!

Associate
Can't wait!

Wish they made it so you have to do missions in different cities around the world. Instead of islands you could have New York > London > Paris > Tokyo > Moscow or something like that!

That would be awesome! Different areas, different cars, different type of missions ect

Soldato
I'm not saying don't make games, just change the style maybe; I'd like to see a futuristic GTA maybe, with hover cars and funky weapons and a bit more comedy. GTA IV was a bit serious and they all feel the same - you start the game as a nobody and work your way up...

Pass.

Well rockstar are advertising that it is gta3's anniversary but as i said before they didnt do anything with the game at all for the anniversary. Would have been nice to have a HD version (not res but quality as in textures and polys). But they didnt. But i did say i would rather have gta 3 remade in HD (not res as usually HD refers to) but proper quality upgrade, instead of GTAV.

The GTA3 anniversary videos are for the upcoming release of GTA3 on mobile devices.

Soldato
Rockstar already said GTA5 would be set in Hollywood btw.

Me personally, I loved GTA4 (and EfLC) and it both looks good and runs really well on my system (unlike the PS3 version I also own). I liked the more serious story (ala Mafia), and the most important thing in a GTA game - the car physics - were spot on, although I should add that having watched my brother try (and fail) to play it, I can see why the more realistic car physics weren't to everyones taste. GTA4 cars actually required some driving skill.

I'm sure they'll be able to do more with the new engine this time, and I also reckon they'll be trying to put some of the fun back into the game, so I expect the 'friends missions' to be removed, and just more stuff to do.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I personally really enjoyed GTA:SA and GTA4. GTA:SA because it was my first GTA game and I love all the crazy stuff you could do. GTA4 for the setting, I love the atmosphere and detail in the world.

Associate
I'm pretty egar just to see how well LA Noire runs on PCs, to see if they bothered to make an effort this time around.

I still play GTA4 pretty actively on PC. Have to turn most of the settings down for it to run smoothly (obviously,) though. The thing that gets me is the physics. So many times random, hilarious things happen.. Be it a random NPC flying through the air on fire or clipping your head on a fire hydrant while bombing it around a corner on a motorcycle.

.. Such a good game. Just wish it ran better for what it is.

Associate
Realism is the key.
They need to really crank up the detail making cars completely deformable and model damage far more accurately. Destructible buildings, obstacles and terrain would be desirable.
Finally the AI needs to be improved drastically to enable more variation in traffic behavior, faster traffic speeds and pedestrians that act more naturally running away screaming like people would in real-life.

Caporegime
Why arnt they releasing games on the pc first, is pc gaming dying that much that they release on console first then do shonky porting?!

Because the PC version is cheaper. And they would upset all the little kiddies if they saw the console version for £49.99 next to the PC version for £29.99. So to maximise the money, they delay the PC version a bit to milk the console buyers first.

Soldato
Please not Vice City or San Andreas, and only London if it's completely different (which I guess it would be anyway).

I see no need to rehash something that's been done, would rather have some originality.

Soldato
This will suck. Mark my words. GTA IV was an awesome game but a terrible port. This will be even worse.

This

Games cant get much better on consoles without better consoles. Isnt the 360 about 7 years old now or something?

Granted Half life 2 came out in 2004 which is a nice engine, but surely not much more can be done. Really need a console with a 590GTX in :eek:

Soldato
OP
kbdmvb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom