Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Soldato
I know it may not always come under the 'free delivery' option, but if you chose to have your order delivered by DPD they will give you a one hour 'slot' during which which your order will be delivered.

It probably isn't the same for everyone, and I don't want to open up another discussion here as to which is the 'best' courier company, but my personal preference would always be for DPD, who invariably deliver within the first two or three minutes of the period stated.... well to me they do anyway! ;)

Soldato
Again I'll ask - if we wish to change our delivery option, can it be subsidised to the value of the "free" shipping option?

For example:

DX Secure would cost £5.50 to deliver without the free delivery option. OcUK offer this as the "free delivery".

DPD would cost £8.30 without the free delivery option.

If I choose to change to DPD, could the additional cost now be £2.80 - the difference between the two.

OcUK would not be "losing out" on money by offering this, as they would be charging £5.50 for DX Secure delivery without my loyalty discount, and I am more than willing to pay the difference between delivery options.

OcUK Staff
Again I'll ask - if we wish to change our delivery option, can it be subsidised to the value of the "free" shipping option?

For example:

DX Secure would cost £5.50 to deliver without the free delivery option. OcUK offer this as the "free delivery".

DPD would cost £8.30 without the free delivery option.

If I choose to change to DPD, could the additional cost now be £2.80 - the difference between the two.

OcUK would not be "losing out" on money by offering this, as they would be charging £5.50 for DX Secure delivery without my loyalty discount, and I am more than willing to pay the difference between delivery options.

That is a good idea, I will forward it on however I cannot make any promises. :)

Caporegime
My first experience of DX Secure should have been today if OcUK were actually doing some work ;) but it'll have to be tomorrow now, but I'm in work... I hope some one else is around all day.

Does anyone have a list of depot / collection places for them? Just in case no one is in, or they can't be bothered delivering it. I can't find anything on their website. :confused:

After reading what people have said about them I was so close to ordering from a competition, but I thought I'd chance it and see how it goes.

Soldato
When does the free shipping show up?

I'm logged in and have items in my basket, but still shows £9.50 shipping. Been a while since I ordered anything from here....

My forum account is linked.
When in the checkout when you select the type of postage and deivery date, address etc. It should just show like 1st class: Free or DPD Free

Back
Top Bottom