*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Soldato
Sigdis Gauldurson... wtf is this fight?!

Is that the undead nord you encounter when looking for the amulet pieces? If so he was a right annoying mofo!

To defeat him do the following:

You have to work out which of the 3 is actually the guy and not his ghosts, the ghosts tend to have a blueish glow to them so go for the greyer guy. Make sure you have lots of potions for when they shout at you, check your health each time you get sent flying and heal if needs be, I found wiggling the sticks helps you get up quicker but I'm probably just imagining it... I died about 3 times while lying on the floor unable to move and because you can't see

Shouting at him doesn't really work as it tends to make the ghosts shout at you, so just run up and melee the crap out of him each time. You may have found some poisons throughout the cave which it might be worthwhile putting on your weapon to do some extra damage.

Soldato
Is that the undead nord you encounter when looking for the amulet pieces? If so he was a right annoying mofo!

To defeat him do the following:

He was easy peasy! :D

Died the first try, then equipped my Wabbajack - 4 shots with Wabbajack and he was down to a ballhair width from death, ran out of charge for Wabbajack and finished him off with some frost.

Not one pot used :D

Soldato
How do you kill morokei ? I have tried everything even lowered the difficulty right down but can barely scratch him. This bit is really spoiling the game for me ...

Edit - Done it due to a nice bug in the game. When he starts attacking run out the room shut the door and then open and attack. He has no idea where you are and just hovers..

Might not work all the time but worked for me, been hours on that bit..

The idea is that you level up a bit more before going up against him. If you can't beat someone on normal in skyrim, then you are too low a level and you are supposed to go away, level then try later. Bugs in the game are not a valid excuse lol :D

The difficulty slider is not really designed so you can circumvent this but it still helps. As the enemies don’t scale like they did in oblivion the difficulty slider has diminishing returns in Skyrim. For example if you are level 10 and go up against a level 20 boss, taking the difficulty slider to easiest may only make the boss level 15. Whereas in Oblivion if you were level 15, the boss would be level 15 and using the difficulty slider would make them level 10.

In some ways it is better to set the difficulty slider to the harder side as you will get much more from the game. The test is here, if you go into a dungeon at your level and get ganked by 2-3 regular mobs is it a close fight? If it is simply a 2 hit kill easy fight then you need to up the difficulty. You should loose a fair bit of health in a fight and not just stroll through.

Just made myself Dragonplate armour :cool:

Going to start working on this tonight, I keep getting side tracked by side quests. I really need to clear my ever expanding quest log before I end up with one that is several pages long.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Only had a quick play on this last night, finishing off the first quest for the Mage's Guild. I'll definitely not be finishing this any time soon, as it seems for every quest I finish, I seem to end up with another 3 quests to replace it! I love how big this game is :D

Soldato
Well... I'm doing the Greybeards quest and it's hella easy at level 14, stuff is dying in 2 hits lol.

Only had a quick play on this last night, finishing off the first quest for the Mage's Guild. I'll definitely not be finishing this any time soon, as it seems for every quest I finish, I seem to end up with another 3 quests to replace it! I love how big this game is :D
Yea I was the same, I think it took me 10 hours to do that quest just by getting caught up with all the random dungeons/side quests I found along the way lol.

Associate
Hmm I made my Dragonplate this morning, then I remembered I had a "50% improved smithing" potion which I used before improving my armor to legendary status, the difference in the "improved" armor rating between using and not using the pot was quite good, but then I realised should I have used the potion before crafting the armor itself?

I do have an auto save just before making the armor will go back and re craft using the potion to see if it works for the actual crafting as well as improving, I guess it would.

Soldato
Hmm I made my Dragonplate this morning, then I remembered I had a "50% improved smithing" potion which I used before improving my armor to legendary status, the difference in the "improved" armor rating between using and not using the pot was quite good, but then I realised should I have used the potion before crafting the armor itself?

I do have an auto save just before making the armor will go back and re craft using the potion to see if it works for the actual crafting as well as improving, I guess it would.

Save the game now to a new save, then re-load to the stage where you make the armour and try it, if not you can just fast forward to your latest save. It may work, it may not.

I still don't fully understand the magic (#cough stat crunching) of smithing and enchanting and I have the official guide lol.

Associate
Save the game now to a new save, then re-load to the stage where you make the armour and try it, if not you can just fast forward to your latest save. It may work, it may not.

I still don't fully understand the magic (#cough stat crunching) of smithing and enchanting and I have the official guide lol.

Aafter reading around it seems the smithing potion only improves the upgrading of items not the creation, so dragon armor for example will always be created with the same stats regardless of taking the potion.

Will double check though just to make sure :p

Back
Top Bottom