OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Just a quick one from me. Im about a month into a cut, and am currently sat at around 76kg. Height is 5' 10. Once upon a time I was 92kg and a bit of a lardy, so I'm happy how its going. I'm guessing I'm about 18-20% body fat at the min. Sound about right? I've been lifting weights since I was a young un, never too seriously as you can probably tell, but its only in the last year or so that I've become more interested in the diet side of things

I miss bread : (

27-01-12.jpg

Associate
Just a quick one from me. Im about a month into a cut, and am currently sat at around 76kg. Height is 5' 10. Once upon a time I was 92kg and a bit of a lardy, so I'm happy how its going. I'm guessing I'm about 18-20% body fat at the min. Sound about right? I've been lifting weights since I was a young un, never too seriously as you can probably tell, but its only in the last year or so that I've become more interested in the diet side of things

I miss bread : (

27-01-12.jpg

18-20%? are you a bit blind?? I'd say your closer to 12-14% body fat, and that's pushing it!

Associate
Not sure to be honest. I have only ever used the crappy hand held readers, and last week the one available at my gym said 22%

I know their crap though, so don't take a lot from them and awarded myself 18% ;)

Associate
I have to say I prefer the doyouevenlift look when I'm wearing clothes, mainly because looking like you work out tends to draw bad attention in certain situations for some bizarre reason.

It depends on the person I guess, I guess I just got used to being the biggest one in my group of friends since I was a child as I was a good 6-8 inches taller than everybody else and thus automatically the one to attract attention.

I'm 6 ft 2 now so just a bit more than average height and while I have a great doyouevenlift look in a formal suit, I tend not to attract that much wrong attention even when wearing tighter fitting t shirts.
But then again I don't have wings like yours.:p

Oh that is definitely not 18-20%, I'd say closer to 13-14%

Associate
Hmmmm, maybe I'll say 15% then. There's definitely a few inches I can grab still, especially when sitting, so it might just be a kind picture :D Just got back from the gym and have dropped another kg and am now at 74.6

Gonna carry on with it and try and get to 72kg. I haven't really lost much strength during the cut so far, and feel pretty good for it. I'm a climber too, and the weight shedding is a nice added incentive. I really can't decide if im starting to look skinny or slightly cut though :p

Soldato
Hmmmm, maybe I'll say 15% then. There's definitely a few inches I can grab still, especially when sitting, so it might just be a kind picture :D

Well that's obviously going to happen unless you're down to literally 6-8% bodyfat or something. You look as lean if not leaner than me and i was tested at 12% via ultrasound measurements..

Associate
Cheers skillmister. You seem to know your stuff, so I'll go for about 13-14%. You think it's time too start a clean bulk then? I wouldn't mind a little more size as I'm often dwarfed at the gym. Oddly at times by people doing much lighter lifts than me. I suppose that's genes for ya :D ( and probably juice :p Folk are far too open about that shizz )

Associate
My arms are currently peaking at 14 and a half. That half is important :p Lift wise, my gym hasn't even got a free weight bench, so on a machine, I'm benching 105kg 3x10 (I don't find this easy), squatting on a smithy 85kg (I could go further with this as it doesn't totally tax me), and 100kg deadlift (again, on a smithy, but not easy)

Everything else I do I would place in the average zone, using 14kg dumbbells for most things. Curls, arnolds etc

Man of Honour
While obviously fine for tracking your own progress, those numbers are only comparable on the same bench machine and smith with the same ROM. Don't assume you can go over 100kg on a proper bench with a bar, you might end up stapled ;)

Associate
While obviously fine for tracking your own progress, those numbers are only comparable on the same bench machine and smith with the same ROM. Don't assume you can go over 100kg on a proper bench with a bar, you might end up stapled ;)

Yeah, I hear that. The last time I was able to train with a bench, which was 2 years ago now, I was only able to bench 75kg. Bit lame really. If someone lowered 105kg onto me on a bench, I'd be done :D

Back
Top Bottom