Looking for a keyboard with a specific layout

Associate
I thought this might be the best place to ask this question as I'm sure you are all seasoned vets and use many a keyboard. I have scoured the net and I can't find one which matches my preference which isn't flimsy or poor build quality.

My request is strange and from asking various people, I have only got fanboy flaming from WASD users. I know WASD is the most common layout as it is default in the majority of games, especially FPS. I however, use the Arrow keys. I have tried and I can not get used to the WASD layout.

What I need is a Arrows layout which has the DEL, END and Page Down buttons directly above the Up Arrow. Please see the following image for an example.

108_Key_Chiclet_keyboard.jpg

Another reference picture of the Arrow area layout

Using this specific layout, it enables me to emulate what WASD has with the 1234 etc keys. Moreover, the CTRL, Shift and Enter are all in the correct place for me to Jump (CTRL), Duck (Shift) and Use (Enter). I think they are in the correct place, there may be a Fn key (which is unbindable, so none of this).

To clear it up, if we look at the NUMPAD for reference, Left, Down and Right would be on line "0", Up on line "1" and Del, End, PgDn on line "4".

If you have seen one of these out in the wild, with considerably better build quality (Mechanical would be dreamy) than papier-mache I would be very grateful.

Please note, the keyboard shown is a load of cack I'd rather not have one of those :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It looks like the US keyboard layout in the pic. Is that what you're after?
I am unaware of the layout type, I think it has 108 keys (which is what I searched for).

Dont worry your not a freak, I use the same keys, I have this keyboard - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18339184
This keyboard is very nice, however the gap above the arrow keys is a keys height and that's the difference. To clear it up, if we look at the NUMPAD, Left, Down and Right would be on line "0", Up on line "1" and Del, End, PgDn on line "4".

Associate
OP
Same, I was hoping people may be able to point me in a general direction or drop a few suggestions on items they have some across.

All the help is greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
Soldato
I use bog standard Dell RT7D50 black keyboards both at work and at home, yet to find a keyboard as satisfying and clacky to use, and I've tried a few very expensive mechanical jobbies over the years. They have a similar layout as the one pictured in the OP and can sometimes be found BNIB for cheap on an auction site. A guy I know uses one too, with arrow keys and such for movement, control for crouch, shift for sprint and Num 0 for jump etc. WASD all the way though imo

Associate
i also bein a lefty can not for life of me get used to using wasd and thank god spoted this post as im looking for new keyboard + mouse and i also use keys like del end ect.. didnt even think to check the layout of them.

Associate
Get the Steel Series Shift. Out of the keyboards i have seen in this thread, that is by far the best. The ctrl/shift/enter are slightly further away, however only by around half a key i would imagine so that doesn't seem to be a big deal. When i considered it, that almost seems more comfortable. Plus, you can jumble up all the keys on the keyboard and bind them all so i guess you could make your setup within the actual keyobard if you wanted to ;D

Back
Top Bottom